Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 747  (Read 947 times)

alfkan

• Former member
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »
Why is it so easy to get hold of 747's at this stage of the game, even the new ones with half fuel consumption compare to the old ones? What's the "small print" I'm not able to read?  :-\

Offline schro

• Members
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
They are too expensive compared to the revenue they can generate in an MT scenario. They might be ok for right now, but when fuel takes off, anyone flying a large fleet of them will go bankrupt

Nlgravity

• Former member
Re: 747
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »
Also, you have a 0% probability of surviving when your money routes are services by 747 and you have competition by a smaller aircraft with more frequency.

If you want to be around for a while, you stay away from them.

Only exception is huuuge hubs with limited slots where you have barriers to high frequesncy competiton. Such as LHR, CDG, FRA, JFK, Farmingdale Republic, Westchester regional, Long Island Macarthur, Bari, SAEZ, etc

Offline JMsoo

• Members
Re:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:16 AM »
They are too expensive compared to the revenue they can generate in an MT scenario. They might be ok for right now, but when fuel takes off, anyone flying a large fleet of them will go bankrupt

I can't wait for the next one than! My rival fly a fleet of old 747 metal avarage age over 12years let's see how he will handle it, I hope waiting for 737 800 and 777 will pay off!!!
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »
I can't wait for the next one than! My rival fly a fleet of old 747 metal avarage age over 12years let's see how he will handle it, I hope waiting for 737 800 and 777 will pay off!!!

I just checked out your airline and others at the same base, I wouldn't be hoping for a fuel spike in your position as I believe that you will beat your competitor to the B/K queue....small number of aircraft split into 7 fleet types, I hope you have very short leases.

Surprisingly several airlines at your base have elected to go with heaps of fleet types.

Offline JMsoo

• Members
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »
I just checked out your airline and others at the same base, I wouldn't be hoping for a fuel spike in your position as I believe that you will beat your competitor to the B/K queue....small number of aircraft split into 7 fleet types, I hope you have very short leases.

Surprisingly several airlines at your base have elected to go with heaps of fleet types.

Yeah but a part for the two Airbus winch I'm going to lease out in few game years the majority are Beoing 737  NG 48 brand new yet to arrive including  10 777. My fleet so far is small because I have to wait for deliveries of new a/c. lets see

Anyway according to past experience having lots of old planes will make your fuel bill higher not considering the maintenance.
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:06:46 PM »

In fact, any aircraft over 300 seats is questionable.  You need to fly long distances that smaller aircraft cannot reach or be in a slot constrained airport such as Heathrow etc.  The A380 is similar in this respect for later in the game.  Having 800 seats is no good if a competitor can kill you with 8x daily flying 100 seaters.  The A380 is one of the most fuel efficient aircraft in the game on a per seat basis, but you have to be able to fill those seats.  The only thing worse than flying a big expensive aircraft is flying a big expensive aircraft half empty.

Offline Gleipner

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:23:58 PM »
Not quite the right place to ask perhaps but as we are already on the subject.

In the DOTM when flying a -400 on longer LH (6000nm+) routes with fairly low competition can they be sustainable or will one be better of with DC-10s/MD-11s making a techstop? Fuel is cheap but is it cheap enough for profit? Anyone tried this before?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 03:19:05 AM »
Not quite the right place to ask perhaps but as we are already on the subject.

In the DOTM when flying a -400 on longer LH (6000nm+) routes with fairly low competition can they be sustainable or will one be better of with DC-10s/MD-11s making a techstop? Fuel is cheap but is it cheap enough for profit? Anyone tried this before?

I was profitably flying 752's from Paris to Perth with a tech stop in DOTM2 on a 3x weekly basis making a decent enough profit...

If 3 is anything like 2, then its virtually impossible to bankrupt yourself....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.