Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Start Fleet Renewal or Continue Expansion  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ARASKA

• Members
Start Fleet Renewal or Continue Expansion
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »
I an wondering wether I should start renewing my fleet or continue expanding. I am based in Sao Paulo Congonhas with 8 Dc-9s and 2 on order. I have no competition (nobody is even flying to the airport other than me) and am making about 1.6 million a week. I want to replace my D-9s with F100s. When I am making 1.6 million a week, I can get Dc-9s whenever I want, but I can not necessarily get earlier production slots for the F100. What should I do? Also, I have routes with demand up to 5000 out of Congonhas. Should I add something like an A300 to fill those demands faster?

Thanks, Sean    

Edit: Forgot to add that I would get the F100 in over 3 years.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:45:30 AM by ARASKA »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Start Fleet Renewal or Continue Expansion
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
If you have routes with demand of 5000 that are unserved, I think you'd be better off using the DC9 profits to fund a widebody fleet as with the departure frequency restrictions, its probably impossible to offer that many seats with a Diesel. I don't see the F100's as a significant upgrade over the DC9 anyway - the economics of both aren't great even when fuel is virtually free.

Given the natural demand increases over the course of the scenario, I think you'd want to consider a larger plane than the F100 as your replacement fleet type as I would expect to see at least double the demand you're currently seeing in 10ish years. I would suggest replacing them with MadDogs, 734s or A320s as they become available. If you really want to replace them before they're available, go with 722Advs.

For widebody selection, anything should do, and I'd suggest HD seating for routes under 2000nm. The L1011 tends to be the least popular widebody in this scenario and is the most available in the early game, even though it has comperable economics to to the DC10. A300's would also work well for you though (and they're not usually popular until the -600 is released).

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
I just did the stupidest thing.
1. I leased 2 used A300s.
2. I went to open routes for them
3. I realized that Congonhas has a runway requirement of 1,940M X 45M.....
 :P  
End of story.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
IIRC, there's an airport about 50nm away that might let you stop on the way out with a full load... basically set up an A-B-C-A routing... if it doesn't let you do it that way, just stop at the other airport on both legs. It'll eat up 70 minutes each way, but better than getting hosed until the leases end.

And a picture for you:

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
Can't you even fly then to GIG?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
IIRC, there's an airport about 50nm away that might let you stop on the way out with a full load... basically set up an A-B-C-A routing... if it doesn't let you do it that way, just stop at the other airport on both legs. It'll eat up 70 minutes each way, but better than getting hosed until the leases end.

And a picture for you:

I think you're thinking of the 2nd Buenos Aries airport, which has plenty of LH demand but a short runway, but has Montevideo very close.

CGH is all domestic, I would have thought the a300s are still very good for the various big, short routes, with the exception of the 5000 pax/day one, because the runway at the other end of that is under 1500m.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
That was always strange for me in AWS, because AEP is mainly domestic in Argentina save for some flights to limiting countries. It is actually far more comfortable to get there than to EZE, but there's no room for a plane bigger than an A321.

Oh and MDQ, is almost non-existant comercially speaking. Only a handful of flights and that's it. But no, I've no data to support this  :D

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
The A300B4 can fly from Congonhas to Brasilia with a tech stop with 253 pax. It can also fly to Rio (The bigger airport with smaller demand) with 266 pax. It was the short runway on the other end of the 5000 pax route that was a problem. The A300B2 can only fly about 113 pax to Brasilia with a tech stop. I guess I will have to just fill 5000 pax with DC-9s.  :P

BTW I am making a 2 million a week profit (Before I got my A300s) with 8 Dc-9s. I also have two new Dc-9s on order, all my loans payed off and have made a 300,000 profit in my first year. It shows you what having no competition can do. I just hope Pac Air doesn't come in and ruin my best airline yet ( as far as profit vs. size)   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:57:58 PM by ARASKA »

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 01:30:35 AM »
I just figured out that I can fly up to 800 NM routes with NO restrictions using the A300-600.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 03:38:45 AM »
I just hope Pac Air doesn't come in and ruin my best airline yet ( as far as profit vs. size)  

If you'd like a challenge, I'd be more than willing to duel with you ;-).

(owl express ftw)

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 03:51:03 AM »
If you'd like a challenge, I'd be more than willing to duel with you ;-).

(owl express ftw)
Well... I would at least get a head start with 15 aircraft. But I probably know about one tenth (if that) of the strategies you do. If you do come to compete with me, the weekend (a.k.a. NOW) would be the perfect time since middle school homework takes up tons of my time during the week.  :P    

P.S. Do you mind if I keep asking you questions via PM?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:56:41 AM by ARASKA »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Re: Start Fleet Renewal or Continue Expansion
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
Well... I would at least get a head start with 15 aircraft. But I probably know about one tenth (if that) of the strategies you do. If you do come to compete with me, the weekend (a.k.a. NOW) would be the perfect time since middle school homework takes up tons of my time during the week.  :P    

P.S. Do you mind if I keep asking you questions via PM?

Feel free to ask away- I'm more than happy to help.

I don't think you would want me competing with you. I tend to build 600+ plane airlines...

Offline ARASKA

• Members
Re: Re: Start Fleet Renewal or Continue Expansion
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »
I don't think you would want me competing with you. I tend to build 600+ plane airlines...
I guess I don't want to BK...I will ask you to compete with me when I do  ;D ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.