Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Auto Registration with Sub Fleets  (Read 668 times)

flightsimer

• Former member
Auto Registration with Sub Fleets
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:51:55 AM »
It would be nice if we could have the ability to have sub fleet auto registrations.

For example, all my MD-80's are registered with a F-FAxx registration (F-FAAA, F-FAAB, etc, etc). As i am now, I'm operating both MD-81's and MD-82's.

It would be nice if i could make all my MD-81's F-FAxx and my MD-82's F-FBxx so i can see when it comes time to schedule routes which routes can go with which aircraft. The only way to do this now is by hand, which takes up too much time to even put the effort into it.

If you filter the specific subfleet in the scheduling page, as soon as you schedule the route, it takes you back to the main aircraft family scheduling page which you would then have to re-filter the sub fleet just to do it all over again and again.

Currently the only way to tell is by taking the 5-10secs of hovering over the registration for it to show you. This problem is further compounded when you are getting aircraft off the used market at the same time of new deliveries. You could be taking delivery of -82's and then pick up a -81 and go back to 82's. If you are scheduling routes that can only be flown by the -82

Now really, this is not a problem if you are operating Both MD-82 and -81's within the -81's range, but the way i schedule my aircraft, My -82's are only flying routes that a -81 can not fly. The same will be said for my 767's when i start taking delivery of -200ER's. However while I'm taking delivery of -200ER's, I will still have a pretty constant flow of -200's entering the fleet as well so it will be harder for me to keep the registrations organized in a way for simple scheduling.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Auto Registration with Sub Fleets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
IMHO, would be too messy to manage. Both user interface and technical side, if you have a larger fleet and many types.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
flightsimer - take a look at the Large Fleet UI Usability request. I have requested a number of filters that should give similar functionality to changing the auto-reg system that you're looking for.

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »
IMHO, would be too messy to manage. Both user interface and technical side, if you have a larger fleet and many types.
I dont see how. All it is is getting rid of the main family registration on the aircraft settings page and turning it into multiple lines for each subfleet.

Instead of having one registration for your MD-80 family you will have a registration for the MD-81's, one for the MD-82's, one for the MD-83's, etc ,etc.  If you have that, everything else would just simply work as it already does. The Scheduling page already places the aircraft in alphabetical order even if you have two main sequences of registrations for one aircraft family.

As for the filters, that would sort of fix the problem, but that just seems like too much work for this particular issue. Plus, Sami has a habit of making the filters one time use since V1.3 was introduced so every time you go back to the page, you would have to re-filter the page which doesnt really help when your trying to schedule lots of planes.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
I'd love to have this feature and I don't see why it would make the interface too complex or messy. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.