Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Something great magically changed for iPad users  (Read 2546 times)

Nlgravity

• Former member
Re: Something great magically changed for iPad users
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »
Read somwhere that you are in charge of a fund in NYC, maybe time to start considering an investment in AWS?  ;)

Dan
Dantes Air

That would be interesting. But Sami is too far from NYC (I believe somewhere in Norway?) to meet with him.

Besides, Dan, as the #1 player in this platform (arguably  :P) how would you invest funds in this website to make it grow besides massive web advertising? If AWS became a highly profitable venture.... most of the players that are hooked on it today (myself included of course) wouldnt enjoy it anymore. But hopefuly Sami reads this..... if they were to open their books to me I would love to have a private discussion about a venture.

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
That would be interesting. But Sami is too far from NYC (I believe somewhere in Norway?) to meet with him.

Besides, Dan, as the #1 player in this platform (arguably  :P) how would you invest funds in this website to make it grow besides massive web advertising? If AWS became a highly profitable venture.... most of the players that are hooked on it today (myself included of course) wouldnt enjoy it anymore. But hopefuly Sami reads this..... if they were to open their books to me I would love to have a private discussion about a venture.

He is over in Finland and what does that matter in todayís internet age  ;) One word I say, Web-Conferences.

Interesting question, how to spend money. Well my missus has her own ideas on how to spend my money :'(
But here is here's my answer.
- Get Sami to go full time. There are so many more things that AWS could have/do. Cargo, Travel Agencies, Hotels, Car Rentals. More detailed/specific demand. Low Cost Carriers etc. etc. the list is endless. At the moment he is doing this as a hobby if I remember it correctly....
- I would be inclined to invest in more targeted web advertising. There must be Thousands of websites out there for Aircraft enthusiast that he could hit with AWS. On a side note: A year or so ago I sent an email to Sami that he should target the plan-spotters that every airport in the world has :-) Not all of them are old duffers and Iím sure they would enjoy it.
- Of course you would enjoy it, more to do. At the moment the biggest challenge for the game is that it gets a bit boring half way through. If there was more to do you will just keep on playing.........

Dan

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
I don't think you could get Sami away from his day job for a million quid  ::)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »

Couldn't move me for 2 million! ;)

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

What is Sami's day job?
And just for the record: Day job by definition is something you love or hate but you do it to pay the bills and support hobbies. Hobbies, on the other hand, are things you love to do but dont get you paid (most hobbies actually cost money to do).

So I dont care who you are in this world..... if someone offered you the same or more money to do your hobby full time and quit your job, you would do it without thinking twice. Maybe if you are heavily obsessed with your job and love it so much... you can make it your hobby  ;)

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
He is over in Finland and what does that matter in todayís internet age  ;) One word I say, Web-Conferences.

Interesting question, how to spend money. Well my missus has her own ideas on how to spend my money :'(
But here is here's my answer.
- Get Sami to go full time. There are so many more things that AWS could have/do. Cargo, Travel Agencies, Hotels, Car Rentals. More detailed/specific demand. Low Cost Carriers etc. etc. the list is endless. At the moment he is doing this as a hobby if I remember it correctly....
- I would be inclined to invest in more targeted web advertising. There must be Thousands of websites out there for Aircraft enthusiast that he could hit with AWS. On a side note: A year or so ago I sent an email to Sami that he should target the plan-spotters that every airport in the world has :-) Not all of them are old duffers and Iím sure they would enjoy it.
- Of course you would enjoy it, more to do. At the moment the biggest challenge for the game is that it gets a bit boring half way through. If there was more to do you will just keep on playing.........

Dan

Looks like Dan put some thought into this. Maybe AWS should hire you if they get some seed money to expand. The 1 million dollar question is: are all of the things you mentioned great only on paper or could they actually work? I believe this entire platform and script would need to be rewritten.

Also, in my opinion, one of the things that would absolutely change the fact that halfway the game gets boring would be the ability of lending cash between airlines at agreed upon rates. And ultimately, the ability to halfway through take over other airlines. This way, the few survivors would face the same competition except it comes from less airlines. This would only work towards the end of the world..... otherwise there would be a huge problem with airlines buying other carriers just for the fleet and having advantage over the others.

About the ability to lend cash - This is great for any game. How many airlines go bust because of stupid mistakes that end upo costing big? For instance, 10 planes delivered on direct pourchase programs that burn all of the cash and then C checks dont get done and marketing dropped..... If I have 300 million in cash and another airline needs 100 million to not bankrupt and I can lend with airplanes on order as collateral and 16% interest for a year... I would love to do it!

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »
He's an airline pilot.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
I think for a passionate pilot their day job is their hobby. That's why they're so lucky!
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »
He's an airline pilot.

Makes perfect sense. I'll quit my job any day to fly around the world

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »
Makes perfect sense. I'll quit my job any day to fly around the world

Sighhh...so would I.. :'(

Online EYguy

• Members
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »
Nlgravity, if you're managing a Macro Hedge Fund you should have the financial means to afford an ATPL, a type rating and still have money to spare while you wait for an airline to hire you! ;)

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »
Nlgravity, if you're managing a Macro Hedge Fund you should have the financial means to afford an ATPL, a type rating and still have money to spare while you wait for an airline to hire you! ;)

and at the same time fund my ATPL :) !!! Mines cheaper though, I have a PPL

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:16 AM »
and at the same time fund my ATPL :) !!! Mines cheaper though, I have a PPL

I have a ppl already. And not to make you mad, but also have a yellow 152rg in farming dale republic  ;D

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:50 AM »
I have a ppl already. And not to make you mad, but also have a yellow 152rg in farming dale republic  ;D

Oh cool, well not to make you mad, my dads the proud owner of a Citation CJ1  8)

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »
Cessna also never made a 152 RG before?  Unless I'm missing something.   :-\

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
Cessna also never made a 152 RG before?  Unless I'm missing something.   :-\

You are missing something

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
Oh cool, well not to make you mad, my dads the proud owner of a Citation CJ1  8)

I am very mad

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
There hasn't ever been a C152RG model.

152 has a fixed gear.

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »
There hasn't ever been a C152RG model.

152 has a fixed gear.

I know, I'm confused now... do you mean a C172RG or 182 RG? because those have been manufactured, unless you made a huge modification?

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
I know, I'm confused now... do you mean a C172RG or 182 RG? because those have been manufactured, unless you made a huge modification?

Im an idiot. I dont know why I wrote 152RG. It is a 172RG. I want to post a picture of it but I cant from my Ipad. I'll do it tonight.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.