Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Airport in Milan  (Read 619 times)

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
New Airport in Milan
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:15:09 AM »
I have a regular shuttle flight schedule from Rome to Milan (hourly flights) and I just got a message saying my personnel will automatically transfer the flights over to MXP? I know that MXP will not have the same demand as LIN and I was wondering if there was way to just keep the flights going to Linate? It'll be a pain to manually recreate the new routes to the "new" LIN, not to mention costly on the slots I assume. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated...  :-\

LeoDario

• Former member
Re: New Airport in Milan
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:18:22 AM »
I'm don't think so but today Milan-Mapalensa is bigger than Milan-Linate

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:35:01 AM »
Domestic demand in Linate is much greater the demand should be between 1000-2000 pax. Not sure about the Malpensa route but you may well get a monopoly bureau visit so ideally you want your planes going FCO-LIN
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:47:03 AM »
Yeah if I remember correctly the demand from FCO-MXP is ~1000-1500 pax per day and FCO-LIN is ~3500-5000 pax per day.  I'd definitely need to switch them back to Linate, I just wish when these things happened, you could decide whether you wanted your personnel to automatically move the flights to the new airport.  Who's in charge here anyway??  :P  Plus buying back all the slots will be a big hassle considering it would be fine if my flights and slot times were just left alone...  :-\

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
This is a great news for me! I will be automatically relocated to MPX cost free ;D!! My plan was to open a second base not needed save huge money save that will be invested in more 737ng. That's mean that I don't have to reschedule all the flight right?
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:45 AM »
Yeah if I remember correctly the demand from FCO-MXP is ~1000-1500 pax per day and FCO-LIN is ~3500-5000 pax per day.  I'd definitely need to switch them back to Linate, I just wish when these things happened, you could decide whether you wanted your personnel to automatically move the flights to the new airport.  Who's in charge here anyway??  :P  Plus buying back all the slots will be a big hassle considering it would be fine if my flights and slot times were just left alone...  :-\

This is my chance to enter into Rome Fiumicino market from MPX! just for curiosity LIN - FCO is it profitable because on peak days there are nearly 9000 seats when the demand is bellow 6000
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.