Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A little advice?  (Read 648 times)

Offline sansa93

• Members
A little advice?
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
I was wondering what i should use to replace my fleet of DC-9s. Their leases expire in about a year so I am hoping to find a replacement sometime soon. I was thinking of the B717 and the F100 but the F100 is so full of orders that i won't be getting one for quite some time. The 717 has greater range which definitely appeals to me for use on long thin routes, but it won't be available until late 1999. The 717 is also a little more fuel-efficient, although, I'm not sure how much it matters because the difference is not very much. I've also been thinking about the BAe RJ-100. The range isn't as good as the 717 or the f100 but it would probably work, as i could put a different plane on a long-thin route. It is also slightly less efficient than the 717, but again I'm not sure how much it matters. But perhaps the most important thing is i could get the rj100 in just a matter of months. But I'm not really sure what i should do, wait for the 717 or bite the bullet and get some RJ's. Engine manufacturer doesn't play a big role in my decision ans all my current planes have PW or IAE's, but i think that i would rather have RR's than Honeywells for the sake of commonality later down the road.

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

Offline lunchbox

• Members
Re: A little advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »
I would go with the RJ's for right now, and down the road go for the 717's down the road. 8)

EDIT:  I had a chance to check your airline, and for 22 planes in your fleet, I would not add any more fleets at this time.  I would extend the leases for the DC-9's until you could acquire a few more MD-80's to replace the routes you fly with the DC-9's.  

By the way, what routes are you flying with the DC-9's???  Are they oversupplied, or could you put another route on it???  If number 2, then go for more MD-80's

EDIT EDIT: I just saw the routes you fly with them.  Order some MD-87's and get rid of DC-9's. No need to add another fleet type at this point in your airline.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:56:06 AM by lunchbox »

Offline sansa93

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I decided to get some MD87s, and luckily, they start arriving just before my DC-9 leases start to expire! Although I think I may have made a small mistake taking the MD87's out on 10 year leases... I guess we will find out.

Thanks again!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I decided to get some MD87s, and luckily, they start arriving just before my DC-9 leases start to expire! Although I think I may have made a small mistake taking the MD87's out on 10 year leases... I guess we will find out.

Thanks again!

Expensive D checks at 8 years  :o

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:59:28 AM »
D checks  at the 8 year make aren't a big deal. Its the problem of the 87s having the same operating costs as the larger m80s while carrying fewer passengers (revenue). You might as well fly the larger 80 with more seats empty as it will likely pay off especially as pasenger demand grows.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.