Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buying Airlines  (Read 2974 times)

Offline jamier

• Members
Re: Buying Airlines
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
With the federal funds bit for US Airlines its like what happened with OP Desert Shield when the USAF used lots of 747s from american carriers to transport enough troops to kuwait to stop the iraqi invasion.

On the subject of the idea of buying other airlines

+1 i like it!

MAS737

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
With the federal funds bit for US Airlines its like what happened with OP Desert Shield when the USAF used lots of 747s from american carriers to transport enough troops to kuwait to stop the iraqi invasion.

On the subject of the idea of buying other airlines

+1 i like it!

Ah right, now I understand fully! And thanks, glad you do too :)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
I like the idea.

People could set a price to their airline (presumably using the same system as the used market - 70% to 160% of CV, and the price can be lowered if it sits on the market for a certain period of time).

Then the airline could get, say, 50% of the income - the other 50% going for merger costs and taxes. That 50% can be used to start a new airline..

Putting your airline up for sale would mean that prospective buyers could get a read-only view of your airline, so they can appraise your cashflow, scheduling, fleet condition, etc, and decide whether it is a good purchase or not...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

LeoDario

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
I say that it is a good idea as if there Is a small airline that is in trouble and almost bankrupt, a mid sized airline can acquire the airline therefore getting the aircraft and the small airline's CEO might get $ 10 000 000 which is more than they started with, therefore help everyone. It is a win-win situation.

Offline ANstar

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
If we can't have a stock marktet what about just allowing us to buy equity in airlines?  Ie if it is a foreign airline, cap it at 25%.

however if it is a domestic/euro or free aviation area (aus/nz) then allow a higher percentage?

rafseb

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
i like the idea but i think that if say an airline owner that owns a small airline in bogota and that wants to move on if he sells to another airline in bogota than the competition will potentialy crushed so a competition commission would be needed. an idea fro the buying of an airline not from you country or E.U could be that airlines can buy other airlines from their continent but if they want to buy them from an other continent or maybe country then they share the bill with an airline from an other country which would need to own fro example 20%
rafa

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
Right, allow all big boys/alliances in the game grow even bigger, ruling the game even more. How interesting for the humble rest just starting over and over again to help spreading their networks ! How does that correspond to all the complaints over difficulties of small airlines getting into business mid-game?

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 05:00:48 AM »
I like the option to buy airlines. I would suggest adding 3 restrictions to preserve game balance, though:

1. No buying foreign airlines. Only your home country's airlines.
2. No exceeding 4 bases. If you already have 4 bases, you will have to close the bases of the airline you buy and just get their planes; or, buy airlines that share bases with you if you want to keep their bases and routes.
3. Required waiting period between buying two airlines (similar to between opening two bases), to allow airlines to grow primarily organically, rather than primarily by buying other airlines.

Nick E.

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »
I like the idea of buying airlines quite a bit, and think it would add an extra bit of strategy to the game.

Offline Airbus101

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »
-For Game reasons I think it should be limited to BKing airlines.
-You should assume all their debt, all their bad A/C and current leases good AND Bad.
-CI's Should be added together and divided in 1/2.
-you would only be able to purchase Airlines in your current country.

I see being able to buy others Airlines as a cheat that 2 people would help each other totally own 1 city.
taking over an airline that has BK'd would be much more challenging, not only righting the ship, but pairing down all the
bad A/C choices and removing the bad A/C and citys paying off debt..

you would win in good A/C and Slots, that you wouldn't have to pay for, and drop the junk into the used market for some cash.

Additionally, once an airline BK'd it could goto a holding company or bank for 1 game Month for bids...
think used market for airlines.... that kind of style page.

my 2 cents...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »
Yes, but how would that turn out at slot-constrained airports like LHR ? The only hope for every airline based there or planning to fly there is that someone with slots BKs. Now many airlines are able to get hold of some free slots, if buying that BKer is allowed, all slots go to just one player, it will definitely be one of the big guys there, not you.
I fear this would open loopholes for some strategies we all don´t want to see.

Offline bestway

• Members
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »
there are so many airlines that it would be practically impossible to buy them all to get 100% slots in any airport

Online Captim

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 07:52:37 PM »
Without a stock market this won't fly...

More power to the few

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
there are so many airlines that it would be practically impossible to buy them all to get 100% slots in any airport

I wasn´t talking abut 100% slots of the airport, but 100% slots of the bk´ed airline.
Anyway, implementing this would need a lot of coding, stating rules, controlling them and so on. There are much more important tasks in the making, so I fear it won´t be considered during the next years.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:40:55 PM by exchlbg »

Offline ajalil

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »
Selling your airline is one thing, but I think bigger companies, with lots of cash in hand should be able to buy maybe, bankrupting airlines...
Say if an airline in my market/region is bankrupting, I could buy it and overtake the operation to see if I can improve it or not. If not, it may take my airline down the drain with it.. if I am a super-ceo I may be able to run both airlines as one...

Regards,

Ajalil

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.