Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Plagued with C-Checks  (Read 1037 times)

jackbb

• Former member
Plagued with C-Checks
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else had suffered from the same issues as I'm facing at the moment.

I have been raking in decent operating profits pretty much since start-up, which has increased month on month.  However at the moment I have had a C Check every month which has set me back around 1 500 000 each time, consequently I am now getting myself deeper and deeper into debt.

I just hope that I don't have the bank declare me bank rupt as once all my C Checks have been completed I know that I can climb out of debt within a few months.

Apart from bad fleet planning, any thoughts?

Cheers
Jack

Offline cutchie

• Members
Re: Plagued with C-Checks
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:43:38 PM »
I'm afraid that's the downside of the relatively cheap leases that very old aircraft have; maintenance costs are extortionate. At the moment I'm desperate for my new aircraft deliveries because the DC10s that I'm flying are really burning a hole in my pocket!

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:29:34 PM »
Yes, old a/c cost a lot more to maintain than new ones, not only because as the airframe ages it requires more work/time/money to maintain, but also because newer model a/c are designed to be cheaper to maintain.  So, your 20yr old 707s might cost as much as $3 million for a single C check, whereas the C check for a comparably sized/ranged 757, when new is only about $400,000.  A & B checks are also much cheaper in new a/c. Replace your fleets as soon as possible, because the maintanence costs (not only C, but A and B) only rise with age.

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
In modern time 5 I had a fleet of 737 200 avarage age 15 years. I was attracted by the capacity and relatively low price for leases at the beginning bust up in income but I could not survive the c check too expensive! Done this error different times with always the same result. Second if you fly longest distance fuel draining.

This time I realized that patiance is the bet way I  started with only 2 used a/c but not old and place order for new Boeing 737 400 yeas the wait is long so far I have only 15 planes fleet but when c check comes I still make huge profit!! So I can keep order more and more aircraft also, I now moved on 737ng yeah u growing slowly compare to Oder airline but at least you stady and so far so good!!
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »
I also try as best as I can if I'm leasing a couple of aircraft to make sure the c checks are far enough apart as to not be too disruptive. Or, when possible if I really want the aircraft and the D check is really far away, I'll pay for the c check in advance when I lease the plane (I don't do that often).  :P

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
How can you be plagued with C checks as it is a known time and a known cost when you buy or lease a plane.
Sounds to me like lack of forward planning is the real problem.

It would be the same as buying a house and then saying that you are plagued with mortgage payments  ;D

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
Actually, you were not necessarily raking in profits at start up, it just seemed like you were. The illusion of profit happens when your planes are in their 4 month prepaid leasing period, so it seems like you are making a decent amount of money until the lease payments kick in.

I dont' have visibility into the game, so can someone tell me the OP's fleet and main base?

For most plane types, the lower lease payments of older aircraft are virtually washed out with the C check expesnse, so you'll pretty much make the same amount of money with a new leased 757 as you will a 20 year old, as the difference in lease rate drops straight to the C check (not so much for the russian planes though). The key during the startup years is to continuously roll your profits into new leases and get to a critical mass of planes (i.e. 20+) that are self sufficient - you WILL bankrupt if you try to maintain a 2-3 plane fleet due to the fixed costs within the game's financial systems no matter how good you are.

Assuming we are dealing with a critical mass of planes in the OP's airline, the profiability issues are probably not C check related but either cost related (commonality gone wild), revenue related (inefficient scheduling) or poor plane selection...

In modern time 5 I had a fleet of 737 200 avarage age 15 years. I was attracted by the capacity and relatively low price for leases at the beginning bust up in income but I could not survive the c check too expensive! Done this error different times with always the same result. Second if you fly longest distance fuel draining.

This time I realized that patiance is the bet way I  started with only 2 used a/c but not old and place order for new Boeing 737 400 yeas the wait is long so far I have only 15 planes fleet but when c check comes I still make huge profit!! So I can keep order more and more aircraft also, I now moved on 737ng yeah u growing slowly compare to Oder airline but at least you stady and so far so good!!

732's in the MT scenario are usually not the best idea due to their relatively high fuel burn for number of passengers carried (and overall other costs). So unless you're running all of your routes uncontested, you'll probably never do more than tread water with those in MT (and you'll sink if you're flying them on routes longer than 1000nm).

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
Actually, you were not necessarily raking in profits at start up, it just seemed like you were. The illusion of profit happens when your planes are in their 4 month prepaid leasing period, so it seems like you are making a decent amount of money until the lease payments kick in.

I dont' have visibility into the game, so can someone tell me the OP's fleet and main base?

He's based in Leeds (EGNM), and his route selection looks pretty good, not a lot of comp, relatively short flights, and 14.1 hours/day utilisation. The problem is that after 2.5 years, he only has 11 planes: 5 707s at an average age of 20.9 years, 5 737-2, and a single 727-2. For the 707s, current stuff on the used market is 220k/month to lease, but it's another 220k/month for A+B checks, and then 200k/month more for the yearly C-check. The stats page suggests bankruptcy is unavoidable.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
He's based in Leeds (EGNM), and his route selection looks pretty good, not a lot of comp, relatively short flights, and 14.1 hours/day utilisation. The problem is that after 2.5 years, he only has 11 planes: 5 707s at an average age of 20.9 years, 5 737-2, and a single 727-2. For the 707s, current stuff on the used market is 220k/month to lease, but it's another 220k/month for A+B checks, and then 200k/month more for the yearly C-check. The stats page suggests bankruptcy is unavoidable.

so the real problem is the 707s. In any scenario other than jet age, they are a straight ticket to bankruptcy (without passing go or collecting $200).

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:23:10 AM »

For most plane types, the lower lease payments of older aircraft are virtually washed out with the C check expesnse, so you'll pretty much make the same amount of money with a new leased 757 as you will a 20 year old, as the difference in lease rate drops straight to the C check (not so much for the russian planes though). The key during the startup years is to continuously roll your profits into new leases and get to a critical mass of planes (i.e. 20+) that are self sufficient - you WILL bankrupt if you try to maintain a 2-3 plane fleet due to the fixed costs within the game's financial systems no matter how good you are.

Assuming we are dealing with a critical mass of planes in the OP's airline, the profiability issues are probably not C check related but either cost related (commonality gone wild), revenue related (inefficient scheduling) or poor plane selection...

732's in the MT scenario are usually not the best idea due to their relatively high fuel burn for number of passengers carried (and overall other costs). So unless you're running all of your routes uncontested, you'll probably never do more than tread water with those in MT (and you'll sink if you're flying them on routes longer than 1000nm).

yes! The best way for keep going is to be patient unless you are able to lease at the beginning those few Airbus or decent Boeing is better to opt for new aircraft maybe you have to wait 3 real weeks like I do but at least you keep green! I don t even use loans anymore I just wait a bit from 1998, new base and lots of 737 ng coming down one after another finger crossed
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »
What you could do is remove all flights from the schedule, turn of automatic maintenance and leave it not flying until you can get rid  of it or pay for maintenance...

greetings,

Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.