Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: technical stop  (Read 568 times)

seigingin

• Former member
technical stop
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
I would appreciate if someone could answer my question.

When you open a flight with a technical stopover, there are two options appeared.
For example, let's say you are about to open the route like LHR-LAX via YYZ with whatever the aircraft has not enough ranged to fly directly like A320.
Option1 : LHR-YYZ-LAX-YYZ-LHR
Option2:  LHR-YYZ-LAX-LHR
How does option2 works?

I was just curious whether someone knows the reason or not..

Thanks!

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: technical stop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
It's a carryover from when there were ABC routes, and it's still there because there will eventually be ABC routes again, so no point coding it out and then putting it back.

Currently, it's 99% pointless. The 1% is when you are based somewhere with a very short runway (i.e. AEP/SABE), where a bigger plane can only take off/land with nearly empty fuel tanks. So on the outgoing leg you have a tech-stop very close to the airport, on the return leg you don't need to tech stop.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »
I would appreciate if someone could answer my question.

When you open a flight with a technical stopover, there are two options appeared.
For example, let's say you are about to open the route like LHR-LAX via YYZ with whatever the aircraft has not enough ranged to fly directly like A320.
Option1 : LHR-YYZ-LAX-YYZ-LHR
Option2:  LHR-YYZ-LAX-LHR
How does option2 works?

I was just curious whether someone knows the reason or not..

Thanks!

In theory, there may be some destinations, on the border of the range of the aircraft, where you could fly one way with a tech stop, and the other way non-stop.  For example, it may take almost one hour less flying from the US to Europe than from Europe to the US.  So it takes less fly time, therefore less fuel is used, and therefore the range is increased. when flying from US to Europe.  So you could fly non-stop to Europe to certain destinations, and with a tech stop flying back, with full passenger load.

Well, that;s the theory.  As far as AWS, this is area that needs some fine tuning when Sami gets around to it.  The differences in flight time and the different number of pax aicraft is able to carry in 2 directions is not implemented as of now.

I thought Sami was going to leave only A-T-B-T-A and disable A-T-B-A until it is implemented correctly, and when it is, option A-B-T-A could be added.

seigingin

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »
Thank you for answering it!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.