Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: So where did all the used 757s come from?  (Read 2176 times)

tm07x

• Former member
Re: So where did all the used 757s come from?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »
how about ordering plane "options", you don't have to pay up front. But you set an estimate delivery date, and once you have money to buy, you are committed to take order of those planes. You don't need to front the 4-5m for the plane, but you can order as many as you like. But they'll only deliver when you have money.

And there could be rules that you can only use "options" for one AC type. And maybe not even order or take delivery of other AC in the period you are taking your optioned AC.

I dunno, it would make sense so players can pick their strategy. Some players might not need or want the option deal.
Or you could up the ante by saying you would have to have all the needed cash by X date to take delivery of X aircraft and if you don't, you get a penalty or lose the option and get a penalty fee? :P

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
Even though the 757 fairy visited MT a week or two ago, there are now just 464 planes in the used market, including storage. Over 50% of them are 707s or 747s. I'd hate to be starting from scratch now.  :laugh:

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 07:34:09 AM »
This is the kind of thing that needs to be addressed if people are serious about improving the 'good planes' that are available on the Used and New plane markets, especially for late starters or re-starters.

Selling price         84 200 000 USD
Calculated value   55 306 150 USD
This aircraft may only be bought.

Stop established players ordering popular planes that they clearly do not want for themselves but only buy and resell at vastly inflated prices

Perhaps by adding a feature that does not allow players to sell planes within 2-3 years of buying them in the first 5-10 years of a game world, should see production lines free up for 'real orders'

I know this practice is not cheating as such, but I view this as dimly as I do to the practice of ticket scalping - profiteering at it's worst.

Regards Darryl

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
This is the kind of thing that needs to be addressed if people are serious about improving the 'good planes' that are available on the Used and New plane markets, especially for late starters or re-starters.

Selling price         84 200 000 USD
Calculated value   55 306 150 USD
This aircraft may only be bought.

Stop established players ordering popular planes that they clearly do not want for themselves but only buy and resell at vastly inflated prices

Perhaps by adding a feature that does not allow players to sell planes within 2-3 years of buying them in the first 5-10 years of a game world, should see production lines free up for 'real orders'

I know this practice is not cheating as such, but I view this as dimly as I do to the practice of ticket scalping - profiteering at it's worst.

Regards Darryl
However, the plane maybe ordered for other operators but it was put on the market for storage purpose, I don't think it is anti-competitive or so.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
If the player was 'storing' the plane he would not have selected a markup at 150% of cost....the intent was to sell.

I left an alliance (in another game world) because I personally disagree with the 'buying planes for others' market within alliances.
I just can't agree with cash rich players clogging up popular production lines for no real gain to themselves, but it definitely is a disadvantage to newer or start again players.

However this practice does not appear to be against the anti-competitive rules of this game, and I don't believe I said that it was  :(

Many people have suggested various methods for 'freeing up' the popular plane market, some appear to be complicated, whereas I believe my suggestion is a simple one to understand and for Sami to program.

Is it needed? Perhaps not, as the cream will still raise to the top, but it may assist in keeping newer or later game players interested, and that has to be good for the game.

A gameworld with 10 or so dominant players making others lose hope, soon becomes a lonely game, and I enjoy this game too much to want that to happen  ;D

Regards Darryl

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
If the player was 'storing' the plane he would not have selected a markup at 150% of cost....the intent was to sell.

Must respectfully disagree there. If "he" is me then that is exactly what I'd do, maximum price at buy only. Because sometimes I don't want to pay the commonality costs I will put it there knowing nobody will buy it or only the stupidest or richest will pay over the top. But generally when players see this they respect it because thy know you storing it for a mate.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

I've been retiring my ATR fleet as my Saabs turn up, I'm buying out the remaining lease and then selling them for max markup, since there's none in the used market, and a long wait for new ones. I refuse to buy planes at that sort of markup, but if people want to buy them off me at that price, I may as well list them for that.

And if I am storing a plane on the market to avoid commonality costs while I wait for more to be delivered, or because I plan to sell it to a friend, I'll absolutely list it as buy only at max markup. If it's stored, I don't want to sell it, so I'm going to make it as unattractive a sale as possible. Anything else just gives players more encouragement to grab the plane I was storing, and thus foil my cunning plan.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
I've been retiring my ATR fleet as my Saabs turn up, I'm buying out the remaining lease and then selling them for max markup, since there's none in the used market, and a long wait for new ones. I refuse to buy planes at that sort of markup, but if people want to buy them off me at that price, I may as well list them for that.

And if I am storing a plane on the market to avoid commonality costs while I wait for more to be delivered, or because I plan to sell it to a friend, I'll absolutely list it as buy only at max markup. If it's stored, I don't want to sell it, so I'm going to make it as unattractive a sale as possible. Anything else just gives players more encouragement to grab the plane I was storing, and thus foil my cunning plan.

Some supplement is I used this method in MT5 to attract and let new airlines know there is some planes for sell/lease, and they would deal with me directly for the leasing terms. I have helped not only my alliance mates also some from other alliances. I guess in this moment not much kind player appears but blocking the re-selling/re-leasing of new planes would definitely stops this kind act.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.