Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market - Aircraft Count Disappeared?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Used Aircraft Market - Aircraft Count Disappeared?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
Well duh. the "luck" is the whole point. This keeps it fair, nobody has to sit in front of the PC all the time etc. But this beats the F5 system.

As said before, the calls system is considered to be "final" and will not receive any major chamges.

SAC.  there is prob. some bug currently. I will see to it later today.

Yes, definitely a bug. Even using the arrow buttons to navigate the market page by page deducts calls for each page viewed!

Otherwise, I like the change. The "stab in the dark" method, as it was called, may not be "realistic" per se, but is far more fair to all than being able to track the market by watching the aircraft available!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
I thought it was just me getting that on my iPhone, but something seems amiss. Any refresh/filter/page change will lose a call.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
Yes, it was removed, because due to the way the system recycled the planes it was perhaps possible to guess when the market had just refreshed by looking at the number of planes available.

And if you have issues with call counter, pls. reload the page or clear cache.

In previous games, when I was looking at different fleet types, I would use the # of aircraft on the page as a guide if the market refreshed.  Meaning, if the number of aircraft went up after a "call", I would know that the market refreshed, and I would then look at the fleet types I was interested.  With the counter gone, you can't really tell in the market refreshed, so I would have to check all the fleet types I am interested one by one...

As far as predicting a refresh, well, I guess it could be done, but it is not really an exact science, and the number of calls is limited.  On balance, I would prefer to have the #of aircraft back on the used market.

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »
Every world the same people complain about the rules that restrict addicts from getting an advantage over regular people. In my humble opinion, what has been done (in the used mkt in particular) is great for the game. I feel like I can still run a top tier airline and run my real business at the same time.... is a good thing.

I know how hard it is to have your entire fleet and route planning for your entire airline on excel from the previous world before the new world begins. And now rules are making you sit down with a pencil and a pad and think again... that is the beauty of this. I said this before... This is like playing Xbox with your little brother.... you get better, you beat him, you make fun of him, but YOU DO NOT GET PAID. If I beat my little brother with cheat codes after the second time it just wont be fun anymore.

Lastly, the people that use lame excuses like "in real world... yada yada yada..". Well guess what, In the real world an airline would not have a kid like you running the operations....

Offline Mnemic

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
Just wanted to finish the topic by saying thank you for listening to us Sami, I appreciate the feature to be able to see the amount of new planes since last time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.