Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market - Aircraft Count Disappeared?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Mnemic

• Members
Used Aircraft Market - Aircraft Count Disappeared?
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
Just suddenly I can't see the amount of used aircrafts in the used market?
It makes it hard to see if theres a change when you call to update the market, it also feels like theres no new planes everytime I update now?

eldar

• Former member
Re: Used Aircraft Market - Aircraft Count Disappeared?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
on top of that after 2 calls in one week I am being told that I do not have any calls left.  Something is wrong !

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Just suddenly I can't see the amount of used aircrafts in the used market?
It makes it hard to see if theres a change when you call to update the market, it also feels like theres no new planes everytime I update now?

Yes, it was removed, because due to the way the system recycled the planes it was perhaps possible to guess when the market had just refreshed by looking at the number of planes available.

And if you have issues with call counter, pls. reload the page or clear cache.

Offline Jason777

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
Sami, I don’t necessarily agree with the rationale, you are still spending one of your calls to refresh the market what difference does it make if the number is refreshed….you are still going to immediately search for your specific plane types within your fleet?  Yes the number was an indication of the market being updated or remaining the same, but the call was still being spent regardless….I thought of the number as a tool and not giving someone an unfair advantage??  If there are enough positive replies would you consider putting it back??

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
Sami, I don’t necessarily agree with the rationale, you are still spending one of your calls to refresh the market what difference does it make if the number is refreshed….you are still going to immediately search for your specific plane types within your fleet?  Yes the number was an indication of the market being updated or remaining the same, but the call was still being spent regardless….I thought of the number as a tool and not giving someone an unfair advantage??  If there are enough positive replies would you consider putting it back??
I think you need a reason to convince sami that the number to you is important, for making decision, otherwise it is irrelevant info but would produce possible loopholes.

Offline Jason777

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
I simply think its a helpful tool...what possible loopholes could there be?  Everyone is privy to the same information?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
The only purpose that aircraft count served was telling you whether new aircraft were put on the used market or not.  Personally, I had no use for it but due to my experience using the old used aircraft system, I can guess with pretty good accuracy an approximate time when those new aircraft are added to the list.  I still think there is a problem with 7 calls per static week versus a rolling week--a player could call the market 14 times in 2 days if they do it on Sunday/Monday...

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
Yes, it was removed, because due to the way the system recycled the planes it was perhaps possible to guess when the market had just refreshed by looking at the number of planes available.

And if you have issues with call counter, pls. reload the page or clear cache.

Sighh...I remember the fun good old days when it was a crazy race to win marketshare, get aircraft, bankrupt competitors etc. Now I feel like I have to read Karl Marx's books to play AWS.....

Sad....

Dan

eldar

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »
Sighh...I remember the fun good old days when it was a crazy race to win marketshare, get aircraft, bankrupt competitors etc. Now I feel like I have to read Karl Marx's books to play AWS.....

Sad....

Dan

;D

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »

How? It was possible to see if it was worth using a call since you last one but not to see if there had been a refresh. So now we have 7 chances to take a random stab in the dark? Excellent...

kone_alta

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »

Sad....

Dan

I guess you don't need it because your planes order number is enough for you future needs already  ;)

Let's cheers with molotov cocktail  :P

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
How? It was possible to see if it was worth using a call since you last one but not to see if there had been a refresh. So now we have 7 chances to take a random stab in the dark? Excellent...

So in real life, if you were running an airline, you'd wait to get an email or some other indicator saying we have new inventory?  Would you not "call" to check on inventory without someone telling you there is new inventory?  I know this is all rhetorical, but if you are "calling" leasing companies you wouldn't sit back and wait for them to come to you with new listings--you'd call and ask for them.

Offline Mnemic

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
I get the purpose of the used market calls. But I still think it is rather annoying not knowing if there's been bought any planes from the used market. In other words its taking longer now to see if there was a change in the used market when you are calling. Making me have to worry wether I overlooked some new planes or not.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
So in real life, if you were running an airline, you'd wait to get an email or some other indicator saying we have new inventory?  Would you not "call" to check on inventory without someone telling you there is new inventory?  I know this is all rhetorical, but if you are "calling" leasing companies you wouldn't sit back and wait for them to come to you with new listings--you'd call and ask for them.

In real life I wouldn't have to deal with all this in the first place. As has been mentioned elsewhere I would just ask for whatever type I wanted.

In that vien then they wouldn't stop answering you're calls after 7 calls. This just seems to be another step to making the used market, a critical part of the game to be nothing more than dumb luck. Now it seems as well as just being lucky enough to see the A320 we want we also need to have been lucky enough to have made the call at the right time to have been lucky enough to have seen the A320 we now need to make random guesses about if it is worth using one of our limited calls.

The point with the number is it could give you an idea of if it was worth using a call. If when you last called there were 800 a/c there and there was now 600 listed it is worth making a call. No its just luck, or more so than it already was.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
If when you last called there were 800 a/c there and there was now 600 listed it is worth making a call.

...and that is why it has been removed IMO...it was an easy way to see when to make the call !

When the number dropped significantly in an instant then that meant a market update had happened, as the reduction was a/c being taken off the market at the same time new ones were added....an sure sign to call the market.  

If everyone had figured that then we would all just end up F5'ing again until that drop happened and then make that call straight away...all at the same time !!

Now its fair on all, including those who have not got time to monitor the market, and it totally stops any point in anybody refreshing the market over and over again - the reason the call button was brought in originally.  

The only thing I will say is maybe 7 calls per week is not enough...possibly 10,12 of 14 calls would give greater chance of success snagging a decent used a/c and still limit us accordingly.
...it's not over until I say it's over

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
...and that is why it has been removed IMO...it was an easy way to see when to make the call !

When the number dropped significantly in an instant then that meant a market update had happened, as the reduction was a/c being taken off the market at the same time new ones were added....an sure sign to call the market.  

If everyone had figured that then we would all just end up F5'ing again until that drop happened and then make that call straight away...all at the same time !!

Now its fair on all, including those who have not got time to monitor the market, and it totally stops any point in anybody refreshing the market over and over again - the reason the call button was brought in originally.  

The only thing I will say is maybe 7 calls per week is not enough...possibly 10,12 of 14 calls would give greater chance of success snagging a decent used a/c and still limit us accordingly.

All it showed was that since you last looked a market change had happened, it may have happened 30 seconds ago, it may have happened 30m ago. In MT6 only once did I call right after a refresh. Maybe if you had a market screen open and the drop suddenly happened it would be a sign but not if you were being "normal".

IMO it just leaves us stabbing in the dark with a fairly limited number of calls. There has to be a better way than turning it into pure luck. It's all good and well saying the game has to be played using strategy and skill but when getting something as critical and important as aircraft is down to luck it defeats the object somewhat.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 05:59:32 PM »
Would more calls per week help Dave do you think ?

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Would more calls per week help Dave do you think ?

Maybe but at the end of the day even if we had 100 a week it would still come down to the blind luck of calling at the right time and the right a/c being available.

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
When I call the market and use the drop down box to refine the search the system takes another call off me !  I called once and tried for 2 a/c types using the said drop down box and lost 3 market calls in total instead of one !  Surely that cannot be right...can it ?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
Well duh. the "luck" is the whole point. This keeps it fair, nobody has to sit in front of the PC all the time etc. But this beats the F5 system.

As said before, the calls system is considered to be "final" and will not receive any major chamges.

SAC.  there is prob. some bug currently. I will see to it later today.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:38:10 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.