Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Refueling stops  (Read 482 times)

antoinexu

• Former member
Refueling stops
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
I was trying to open some tag on flights. However, each time I attempted routes with a refueling stop. It tells me that major airport can not be used as a refueling stop. My question is what is defined as a major airport? and is there any reason why they can not be used?

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Refueling stops
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
Your may be doing it the wrong way.

Once you have selected your route and then your refueling stop....your first destination is the refueling stop and then the second destination is the intended final destination.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
I was trying to open some tag on flights. However, each time I attempted routes with a refueling stop. It tells me that major airport can not be used as a refueling stop. My question is what is defined as a major airport? and is there any reason why they can not be used?

There are some large airports that are not identified in any way (Starting from top, going down to around 60 or 100, with some exceptions) that cannot be used as a refueling stop.  A slight problem with this is that you don't know ahead which airports these are and you have to actually go through the process of setting up a route, and at some point, it will tell you you can't.

So start with considering small(3) or significant(4) airports with long enough runways.  They are always available (if you can find airports with long enough runways)...

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
When I've tried to schedule these routes, I just look at the airport's passenger demand bar.  If you hover your mouse over the bar, it'll say for example 56% passenger demand.  In my experience, each airport with a % over 50 will not be able to be used as a refueling stop.  You'll need to find one with less than 50% to use it.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »
When I've tried to schedule these routes, I just look at the airport's passenger demand bar.  If you hover your mouse over the bar, it'll say for example 56% passenger demand.  In my experience, each airport with a % over 50 will not be able to be used as a refueling stop.  You'll need to find one with less than 50% to use it.

The demand to and from the refueling stop is irrelevant.  You can refuel in middle of Siberia, Russia, with demand from your airport to refueling stop, and from refueling stop to your destination being zero.  Once you have the route set up, it will show you the correct demand from your origin to destination.  The only thing you care about the refueling stop is that it has long enough runway, it is open at the time you are planning on landing and taking off from there (both ways).

But the way you create the route is you start setting up the route as if you were flying to the refueling stop.  On the "middle" screen, where it shows you 2 options:
1- Confirming Routing
2- Optional, select 2nd destination

You go with #2, and find your ultimate destination.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.