Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Jakarta  (Read 784 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Jakarta
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
Why does Jakarta have such small market sizes in the 1960s? In later games it is a large airport. In Jet Age it seems like no domestic market from Jakarta's airports is more than 40 pax per day

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: Jakarta
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:08:20 AM »
What I can tell you is that Indonesia went thru a revolution and I think it was in the 60's. I used Jakarta in a game with a later time frame and it did quite well in the 90's. That may have something to do with it and could be built into the game. Indonesia was also a bit behind in developing its outlying areas back then. (I live with someone from Indonesia. Denpasar to be exact from the island of Bali). :)

Offline Brockster

• Members
Re: Jakarta
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »
Why does Jakarta have such small market sizes in the 1960s? In later games it is a large airport. In Jet Age it seems like no domestic market from Jakarta's airports is more than 40 pax per day

While I have no idea about Indonesian aviation, especially in the earlier decades, I do know that in AWS the two airports Jakarta has until the new airport opens (which I believe is 1985) lack demand practically everywhere, with the exception internationally to HKG from Halim Perdanakusuma Airport. When the new airport opens, for example, where will be around 3,000PAX daily to Singapore (from about a sixth of that from the old airports combined), and most domestic routes will see a large spike in demand. Kemayoran Airport has no significant demand anywhere, but I'm not sure if that modeled reality or if it is undervalued.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:10:20 PM by Brockster »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.