Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Good to new alliances coming up  (Read 2493 times)

vitongwangki

• Former member
Good to new alliances coming up
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Wow, it is quite a number of new alliances setting up in this game, excluding SkyConnect, Elite, Worldlink and Sky Alliance, we have Golden Wings, Horizon Alliance and Pioneer. Golden Wings and Pioneer are looking quite strong which they reached or almost reach 1000 score right now. Not sure they will persist but seems those old brand are facing challenges everywhere.

I hope those new alliance would help AWS to bring up more smart, strong players and make the game become more interesting.  8)

Online NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Good to new alliances coming up
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
Yes it is good to see some new alliances springing up. I suspect it is due to the 25 member cap on alliances in a game with 600+ players. We (WorldLink) have been inundated with applications from players in this game so far and have unfortunately had to turn down at least 10-15 applications already so demand for alliance spaces is clearly there.

Golden Wings have a surprisingly high Alliance Score given that they have only 7 members so far.

For the record while on the topic of Alliance Score, WorldLink members voted several game world's ago to disregard the Alliance Score as it is our belief it is a flawed system of evaluating the quality of an alliance. That is by no means a reflection on the good work of Sami on developing it, but personally I think what makes a good alliance good cannot be evaluated using statistics, it's far more subjective than that.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »
Golden Wings have a surprisingly high Alliance Score given that they have only 7 members so far.

For the record while on the topic of Alliance Score, WorldLink members voted several game world's ago to disregard the Alliance Score as it is our belief it is a flawed system of evaluating the quality of an alliance. That is by no means a reflection on the good work of Sami on developing it, but personally I think what makes a good alliance good cannot be evaluated using statistics, it's far more subjective than that.

I think a good alliance would have its own culture, tradition and the most important is its community. A great alliance would like to share their gameplay experience and contribute to AWS by different means. Taken the experience of MT5, alliance score brings only unhealthy competition.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:41:49 AM by vitongwangki »

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
I think a good alliance would have its own culture, tradition and the most important is its community. A great alliance would like to share their gameplay experience and contribute to AWS by different means.

I agree completely.

Taken the experience of MT5, alliance brings only unhealthy competition.

I assume by this you mean alliance score brings unhealthy competition?

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »
I assume by this you mean alliance score brings unhealthy competition?
Typo  :-\ you got my point exactly.

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »
Typo  :-\ you got my point exactly.

Thought so! :)

This is why we (WorldLink) eventually decided to disregard the Alliance Score so we can concentrate on making the alliance good without being too focused on the score which in previous games ultimately resulted in the game being less fun.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
Perhaps when people are not focusing on looking only at the score, it may actually work as intended...  :P

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:17:28 AM »
Perhaps when people are not focusing on looking only at the score, it may actually work as intended...  :P
But the reality is...  :P

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »
10 Alliances, good or bad? 5 of them reached 1000 score (although I don't care, as well as Worldlink), good sign for change in alliance culture? ;)

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
10 Alliances, good or bad? 5 of them reached 1000 score (although I don't care, as well as Worldlink), good sign for change in alliance culture? ;)

This time I quitted SC because it's too bored to always win in Alliance score. Therefore I've set up a new alliance with my friends and tried to make it another Brand which is successful as WL and SC that with such well-formed community. I know it at least take several world to do it. But i think it's a good challenge for me and my alliance-mate!

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »

The top 10% in the categories count toward the score, which means a gameworld with 650 versus 400 will have 65 airlines scoring for their alliance.  Also, first place in those categories is worth 65 versus 40 points due to the increased number of airlines.  Getting a score about 1000 could be done with just a top few airlines being in the same alliance.

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »
This time I quitted SC because it's too bored to always win in Alliance score. Therefore I've set up a new alliance with my friends and tried to make it another Brand which is successful as WL and SC that with such well-formed community. I know it at least take several world to do it. But i think it's a good challenge for me and my alliance-mate!

Now, for me, "winning" means my airline meeting my own goals, but I feel I must correct your false statement. Sky Connect has not "won" a game world based on alliance score since at least Modern Times 4. World Link had the highest score in DOTM2 and Elite is set to have the highest score in MT5 and currently atop JA5 and DOTM3.

That being said, I applaud your venture into a new alliance. The same 4-5 in every game worlds gets a bit stale, and since the players in each of the established alliances tends to be the same in every world some new alliances where new players can go to learn about the game and become more successful quicker is a welcome addition!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 12:21:16 AM »
...and since the players in each of the established alliances tends to be the same in every world some new alliances where new players can go to learn about the game and become more successful quicker is a welcome addition!

I totally agree with what you're getting at, that having new-start alliances is a positive thing and it gives new players a chance to join a new alliance etc. However, I would like to point out that WorldLink in most game world's, over the full length of the game, probably admit around at least ten brand new members (members who have not been a member before). In fact, we hold stats for the last 20+ game worlds in which WorldLink has operated and 150 different players have been members of WorldLink at some point or another.

Offline pnosko74

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
I totally agree with what you're getting at, that having new-start alliances is a positive thing and it gives new players a chance to join a new alliance

yeah especially if the older ones are too worried about their 'score'. though judging by the press releases Golden Wings seems to be the one most focused on what their score is. (though they claim to be 2nd but look 5th to me)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:41:03 AM by pnosko74 »

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »
World Link had the highest score in DOTM2

That is because SC was restarted due to some administration errors, the new SC outlasted WL which I think ended before the game end.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline m320au

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »
yeah especially if the older ones are too worried about their 'score'. though judging by the press releases Golden Wings seems to be the one most focused on what their score is. (though they claim to be 2nd but look 5th to me)

Golden Wings was equal second at the time of the press release being issued, and i'm sure that can be verified if need be. The date of the press release was very specific about the period being described for that very reason. Having said that, we all know that alliance scores rock around a little, so to that end, I am generally in support of NorgeFly's comments made about that subject earlier.  

The Golden Wings alliance has not been set up to achieve top alliance score. It has been created to provide a quality alliance for serious players who who take their game seriously but have been denied a position in one of the major alliances because those alliances were already filled with applicants who "reserve" their place before the current game has even started.

To us, this smacks a little of favouring friendship over performance, and we make no apology for our slightly cheeky press releases on the subject. Just because I didn't play the last game doesn't mean I shouldn't qualify for a place in a quality alliance this game, and we are proud of the fact that our launch performance has been significantly better than several of the "supposedly best" alliances. This proves our point that the dead wood legacy alliances could benefit from a kick up the back, as well as the fact there is space for an alliance based on performance before cliques. That alliance is Golden Wings.

Golden Wings is currently accepting applications from interested airlines. Those from the current major alliances currently in discussions with us are welcome to continue doing so with their confidentiality assured.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:09:22 AM by m320au »

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »
That is because SC was restarted due to some administration errors, the new SC outlasted WL which I think ended before the game end.

WorldLink didn't end before then end of the game... we were there until the end. I don't know where we "ranked" compared to other alliances as has been mentioned, we don't pay a lot of attention to it these days.

It has been created to provide a quality alliance for serious players who who take their game seriously but have been denied a position in one of the major alliances because those alliances were already filled with applicants who "reserve" their place before the current game has even started.

To us, this smacks a little of favouring friendship over performance, and we make no apology for our slightly cheeky press releases on the subject.

Just to clear things up a little - I can't speak for other alliances, but as far as WorldLink is concerned only 15 of our most loyal players are given a guaranteed space in the alliance in each game world and those 15 are selected based on their WorldLink history (they also have to join the alliance within 12 months of it's launch in the game to claim their space before it is given away to a new player) Typically not all 15 are in every game as each player have their game scenario preferences.

The only reason we introduced this system is that in one game world (I can't remember which one) we had so many applications at the launch stage that some of our most loyal players who weren't quick enough to apply were excluded which seemed unfair given that they had been integral to the alliance's success in previous games. Therefore we designed a scheme to prevent that happening again.

It is of course also useful to populate the alliance before the game starts so that we can be strategic about where we have our hubs so that there is as little overlap as possible. Again, in no way is that to exclude players, but I admit that it does often mean that the alliance is fairly full very early on, especially in the more popular game worlds like MT6.

We do not operate the system we have to exclude new players/members, we do it purely to reward the loyalty of those players who have stuck with us for many many games - some of them have been with us for well over 20 games! And we record the details of all our members in every game world so new members who stick with they also benefit from the system eventually (which I can assure you is not a simple task!).

You may describe it as a clique if you wish, but the fact is that WorldLink is a social grouping of friendly players but we are in no way closed to new players joining our group when spaces are there. I'd love Sami to increase the 25 player limit to 30 so we can get some fresh players in.

I don't think the way WorldLink operates needs to be justified, however I don't want people to think we are a bunch of arrogant. insular players who are resistant to new players as it couldn't be further from the truth.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:49:39 PM by NorgeFly »

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
You may describe it as a clique if you wish, but the fact is that WorldLink is a social grouping of friendly players but we are in no way closed to new players joining our group when spaces are there. I'd love Sami to increase the 25 player limit to 30 so we can get some fresh players in.

I don't think the way WorldLink operates needs to be justified, however I don't want people to think we are a bunch of arrogant. insular players who are resistant to new players as it couldn't be further from the truth.

I think I can talk some about SkyConnect too. SkyConnect recruit players before the game world started, and all of them need to apply through our system. No one can reserve a place but of course priority is given to those players which played with us before. As they want to join us again and sadly we really have not enough space to accommodate all of them. We can't deny our members as we have already built friendship with them. Our system allowed the friend of our members sign up, means those with the link can reserve a seat before the gameworld started.

We aren't resistant to new players as you can see some of our members haven't joined us for whole game world but we still let them in. Some of them are entirely new players. We have launched aircraft ordering program in last MT which we helped some of new players who aren't belong to SkyConnect. Some of them even joined other alliances after they grow into a healthy airlines. We don't stress on where they belong to but focus on the friendship we made with new players.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
WorldLink didn't end before then end of the game... we were there until the end. I don't know where we "ranked" compared to other alliances as has been mentioned, we don't pay a lot of attention to it these days.

Ok I must have assumed WL defunct because I didnt see any of their players on my routes any more but I guess they gave up before the end of the game.

To put my opinion:

I don't like phone, Internet or cable/satellite TV companies. They always offer the best deals to new members an once you are signed up with them they charge you more and treat you like s***.  I don't want alliances to be like that.

I personally believe that loyalty and reliability should be rewarded. Often new players have a lot to prove unless they have a track record and this is because often these new guys don't realise the serious commitment and let their alliance down.  I'm all for taking on new people and mentoring them up if any room in the alliance is there.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
To put my opinion:

I don't like phone, Internet or cable/satellite TV companies. They always offer the best deals to new members an once you are signed up with them they charge you more and treat you like s***.  I don't want alliances to be like that.

I personally believe that loyalty and reliability should be rewarded. Often new players have a lot to prove unless they have a track record and this is because often these new guys don't realise the serious commitment and let their alliance down.  I'm all for taking on new people and mentoring them up if any room in the alliance is there.

Good point - loyalty should always be rewarded!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.