Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 793 times)

Offline MCR247

• Members
What should I do?
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
Ok, I'm based in Birmingham(UK) and I have a fleet of 3 DC-9-30s and 1x 747-200, and I need to expand. With no more DC9s on the used market, what should I do? I know going into a third fleet group should be avoided, but what else can I do? Do I just wait to built enough money to lease a 742?

Thanks for any advice :)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
Ok, I'm based in Birmingham(UK) and I have a fleet of 3 DC-9-30s and 1x 747-200, and I need to expand. With no more DC9s on the used market, what should I do? I know going into a third fleet group should be avoided, but what else can I do? Do I just wait to built enough money to lease a 742?

Thanks for any advice :)

Unless you're flying the 742 short haul, don't expect to see big profits.  The 744 is a much better choice.  My advice would be to drop the 742 (if possible) and replace it with something else, like the 727 or 757 that is more available on the used market.  Either that, or start ordering new aircraft (Tu204 is actually comparable to the 757, is cheap, and has decent fuel efficiency).

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
I was thinking about the TU204 but the model powered by RR won't get is certification prior to 2004, I suggest you to drop as well The 747 200 and order new aircraft you might have to wait longer but with old plane you will pay  a lot on fuel... And you won't make profit I tried myself! Now I'm growing slowly due to the waiting list for the new aircraft but I see my profit. Encreasing step by step also C check are cheaper so im not struggling when my plane are grounded! Good luck
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
If you order the Tu-204 with an 8 year lease, you can make a seamless transition to the more efficient Tu-204 with RR engines in 8 years...and you can likely buy them outright by that time (roughly 1/2 the price of a new 757).

Offline MCR247

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »
Thanks for all of your help guys - I will drop the 742 when I have the means to :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.