Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Advice for medium/long haul  (Read 635 times)

Offline cutchie

• Members
Advice for medium/long haul
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
I've been doing short haul airlines since the beta stages of AWS so I thought I'd try something a little bit different this time and focus more on medium/long haul. To start myself off I've gone for the DC10 which as it stands is making huge amounts of money. However, they're quite old and in about 3 years a few of them will be due for their D checks so I'll be replacing them with something new.

My question is - is the Boeing 777 a decent aircraft for very high demand transatlantic routes where there are slot constraints (YYZ-LHR for example)? The B772 is roughly the size of the DC10, plus with the B772ER I've got an option for ultra-long haul later on and when the B773 enters service I've got an option for a capacity boost. On the other hand, is it a better idea to go with the A333/A343? I'm pretty unfamiliar with what to do so any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
Re: Advice for medium/long haul
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »
I'm working with the 767 myself, it's doing a decent job flying twice a day between New Jersey and Chicago approaching 90% LF at this point. The only problem with it is that it is really expensive to acquire and will probably lose money at first until route image goes up. I'm still a few weeks away from getting my 2nd plane. ($3.5 million in the bank)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
B767, B777, A330, and A340 are all good aircraft.  Airlines IRL fly all of these on routes like YYZ-LHR with slot constraints.  I think a better question (later in the game) is which routes do you replace these aircraft with an A380 and not lose your shirt.

Online EYguy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
I would go for the A330-340, if nothing else because of the similar tat, high commonalty (hence lower fleet costs) and similar performances. If you start fiddling with deprature times and tats when you switch from one model to another one with Boeings, you'll end up rescheduling about 1/3 of your fleet.

Everytime I have the chance, I usually go for A320 family for the short-medium haul and A330-340 for the medium-long haul when... Especially the A330 is a real cash cow on some routes and the A340 endsup to be quite cheap because the airframe costs are the same of an A330 and the engines costs the same to mantain as for an A320... :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.