Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help...  (Read 767 times)

ZulariffinPghashim

• Former member
Help...
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this game and I am having troubles here~ What is actually a load factor? Because as i open up new routes using my leased planes, I get these warnings about load factors...

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Help...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this game and I am having troubles here~ What is actually a load factor? Because as i open up new routes using my leased planes, I get these warnings about load factors...

Hello!  Welcome to AWS!

A load factor is the percentage of seats filled on any given flight.  A load factor of 75% means that 3/4 of seats on that flight are filled with paying customers.  Usually, with mainline jets, you need to have load factors of 80%+ to make a profit.  Propeller aircraft can make a profit at a load factor of 60%+.  

If you are getting the warnings, your load factors are low.  A few things I recommend doing to correct this:

1) Use Route Planning!  You'd be surprised how many people don't use this great resource available to you.  Go to Routes > Route Planning and enter the range of the aircraft you will be using.  Don't open the route unless the indicated demand is enough to fill enough of your seats to make a profit (see above)

2) Improve your Company Image and your Route Image.  If either of these are low, your load factors won't be as high as they could be.  The best way to improve Company Image is to pay for "general" marketing campaigns.  The best way to improve Route Image is to make sure you are flying each route at least 6 times weekly - don't pay for route-specific marketing, it's a waste of money - and make sure your aircraft are at 85% condition or more - repair them if the condition is less.

3) Price your seats at default (go to manage routes > [individual route] > reset prices to default).

These are the steps to being successful.  If you need any more advice, the two beginner's guides in the general forum are a good place to start.

Good Luck!

ZulariffinPghashim

• Former member
Re: Help...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
Thank you for the tip...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.