Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market  (Read 10353 times)

forsberc

• Former member
Re: Used Aircraft Market
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
B707 works only if the fuel price is low. I wouldn't recommend it for any game other than Jet Age though.

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
Now is when the Used Aircraft Market gets bad. I haven't gotten a BAe-146/Avro RJ Avroliner or an ATR 42/72 in a couple of days. (Real time)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
It's horrendous, my plan of relying on the used market is failing. Will be ok when a big 737CL user BKs these coming years.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
It's horrendous, my plan of relying on the used market is failing. Will be ok when a big 737CL user BKs these coming years.
Congested production lines make the situation worse, some newly founded airline cannot grow at all, (like JumboShrimp in LAX) I think he is that experienced but still unable to change the situation, terrible.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Congested production lines make the situation worse, some newly founded airline cannot grow at all, (like JumboShrimp in LAX) I think he is that experienced but still unable to change the situation, terrible.

Same for me really, can't wait until alliance mates go into leasing business for me...  ;)

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Same for me really, can't wait until alliance mates go into leasing business for me...  ;)
Everyone is expanding or replacing their old aircraft, guess the leasing business could start after 911

mattb

• Former member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
This is gettting ridiculous. Been launched for 7 months game time my airline.... still only have the one used Airbus A320 on lease. Not seen a single one since on the used market.

I refuse to tie up capital for two years in ordering a new one.....

This is simply NOT realistic. As if an airline cnanot find an A320 on the used market for love nor money.

I refuse to get a Russian aircraft which would be badly affected in this game world by fuel prices.

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »
This is simply NOT realistic. As if an airline cnanot find an A320 on the used market for love nor money.

The world literally just began. If there were more aircraft, in a few years, somebody will be complaining about "too" many aircraft on the market.  :-\

willvone

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:35 AM »
This is crazy and isn't fun... I can't sit by the computer all day waiting for a good or even decent used/ac to come along.

Offline razzbc

• Members
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 06:47:41 AM »
Fine, the world just began... but how come I'm apparently not the only one sitting on a single used airbus, and other owners apparently have made enough money to order 51 of them brand new?

OCCUPY AWS!

(just kidding)

(sort of)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 07:22:19 AM »

Losing first 4 game months of the game is equivalent of losing first 4 game years   :(

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
For those why cry about realistic UAM...
Never used it in this game except my first two Fokker 100's.
Just over 1 year later I have 35 AC in the air with some "little"  ;) investments coming up:

Fokker 70/100    

Number of aircraft on order: 14
First delivery at: 14-Mar-1996
Last delivery at: 08-Mar-1997

McDonnell Douglas MD-90    

Number of aircraft on order: 20
First delivery at: 28-Mar-1996
Last delivery at: 24-Jun-1997

Saab 2000    

Number of aircraft on order: 13
First delivery at: 29-Feb-1996
Last delivery at: 29-Sep-1996
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:58:30 AM by Maarten Otto »

mattb

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
Your point?

Our point is, it is unrealistic. In RL you could lease an a320 and be able to fly it soon..

. Not in two years!

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
Maarten the point is if you don't jump on the production lists early on then you can't secure new aircraft quickly. It is okay for you because you have chosen relatively unpopular aircraft, choosing availability over performance. So you will not have trouble getting to 35 aircraft whether this is a good or bad tactic or not.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
Actually the F100 and MD90 has a very healthy backlog of orders--just not as long as the A320 or B737.  The point is that in real life, there really is a 2-year lead time on new 737's.  In real life, airlines do have to decide whether to spend their limited resources on waiting for new aircraft or buying up old ones.  Allegiant Air in the US is a perfect example.  They've been growing like a weed and have nearly 100 aircraft.  They buy old MD-80s outright and reconfig them for max Y for less than $4 million.  They've started buying up 757s as well as most airlines are starting to phase them out for 737NG's.  They are flying 20 year old metal, but can offer rock bottom fares, achieve high load factors, and have ridiculous fleet utilization numbers.  In the real world, fuel is only expensive if you don't own your aircraft outright, just like in AWS.

mattb

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
Fuel is expensive either way.  Your still mising the main point... new.. yes there is a big RL backlog.

But picking up a used A320.. simply should not be this difficult!

Plus the MD=90 is a very attractive option..... I still have to wait a year for it!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:07:48 PM by mattb »

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
Fuel is expensive either way.  Your still mising the main point... new.. yes there is a big RL backlog.

But picking up a used A320.. simply should not be this difficult!

GO! Fly airlines struggled picking up used 737-300s to lease in 1998 when they started up because the aircraft was in high demand so only the expensive ones or those in bad condition were left. This is in real life. The planes have to be there to be "picked up".

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 06:18:12 PM »
Actually the F100 and MD90 has a very healthy backlog of orders--just not as long as the A320 or B737.  The point is that in real life, there really is a 2-year lead time on new 737's.  In real life, airlines do have to decide whether to spend their limited resources on waiting for new aircraft or buying up old ones.  Allegiant Air in the US is a perfect example.  They've been growing like a weed and have nearly 100 aircraft.  They buy old MD-80s outright and reconfig them for max Y for less than $4 million.  They've started buying up 757s as well as most airlines are starting to phase them out for 737NG's.  They are flying 20 year old metal, but can offer rock bottom fares, achieve high load factors, and have ridiculous fleet utilization numbers.  In the real world, fuel is only expensive if you don't own your aircraft outright, just like in AWS.

The point is, in real life there is plenty of used metal. In AWS, one has to wait and hunt and wait and hunt some more even for a 20 year old MD-80 let alone a Boeing or Airbus.....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
The point is, in real life there is plenty of used metal. In AWS, one has to wait and hunt and wait and hunt some more even for a 20 year old MD-80 let alone a Boeing or Airbus.....

Oh dear, yet again the same talk and same arguments.

The market is all about supply and demand, and right now the demand is extremely high. You cannot compare the start of a game world to any real world situation as in real life the world is not empty and airlines do not all just pop to it at the same date.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
In real life, there was 553 A320's built between 1988 and 1995.  In AWS, there are 730.  We're still ahead of the curve.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.