Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market  (Read 10340 times)

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Used Aircraft Market
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2012, 02:40:39 AM »
I've a feeling that this stage is of consolidation, abeit some expansion maybe. But the used market is much better in shape than during the first years. It should be totally open in 5 years.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2012, 02:44:45 AM »
I agree. More aircraft are being freed up with te bankruptcies. Leaving the survivors to consolidate their monopoly. Couple of years time it will be good for outsiders to start up.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2012, 02:46:34 AM »
I've a feeling that this stage is of consolidation, abeit some expansion maybe. But the used market is much better in shape than during the first years. It should be totally open in 5 years.

Couple of reasons for that:
- 737NG and A320 now actually produce the number of aircraft they say they produce.  There was a bug where they produced no more than 1 / day (fixed during MT5, IIRC).
- 3 additional lines for 'Large aircraft": 737 classic + 2 MD lines
- 2 extra medium lines Saab, Fokker

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »
I agree. More aircraft are being freed up with te bankruptcies. Leaving the survivors to consolidate their monopoly. Couple of years time it will be good for outsiders to start up.

Yup, there are some available slots even in the most popular production lines.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2012, 02:49:14 AM »
Well, that should be true since the every game empties toward the final stages.

For that, my suggestion is to make the game worlds a Free For All at some stage of the game.  Say 1/2 or 2/3 into the game.  At that point, all the basing limitations would be removed, and let the survivors fight it out...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »
Just one question  ???

Wouldn't the game worlds get emptier if that happened, as more people are going to BK? Could just end up with 50-100 national airlines and that's it.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »
The thing is that game worlds get empty at the end because 1) - you can see that your airline is reasonably well and there's no need to plan for future fleet replacements; 2) fuel price seem to cruise basically at the same price for the last few years and you wouldn't worry for a future spike (talking about JA and DOTM - at MT, you already start or replace rapidly with an efficient fleet); 3) to spend 5 credits for a game that has only 5 years ahead is quite uncalled for, except you are bored or there's no room in other scenarios or have plenty of credits (the ultra-long game worlds should fix this obviusly - except at the very very end); and maybe 4) the hardship of current scheduling, I'm using 7-day scheds in my 3 game worlds and fleet replacement or micromanagement really tries hard to bring boredom.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2012, 03:01:16 AM »
Just one question  ???

Wouldn't the game worlds get emptier if that happened, as more people are going to BK? Could just end up with 50-100 national airlines and that's it.

You still end up with ~150 - 200 airlines in big (650 airline worlds).  Most airlines have very little to do in last ~5 years of shorter game worlds (18 years long).  What are the airlines going to do in MT6 (25 years long) for last 12 years?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:07 AM »
Chill and enjoy their success  8)

You can either have 200 of them doing this. Or with free competition half of them could be bankrupted and then you only have 100 of them paying credits.

(I am thinking from a business standpoint. Not that of the players in the game.)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2012, 03:46:33 AM »
Chill and enjoy their success  8)

You can either have 200 of them doing this. Or with free competition half of them could be bankrupted and then you only have 100 of them paying credits.

(I am thinking from a business standpoint. Not that of the players in the game.)

When MT(x) goes to Free For All, MT(x+1) starts, so no loss income for AWS.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2012, 03:49:51 AM »
How long is the overlap between game worlds? I though next one started as the other one ended.

My bet is that the next game world will be one of these ultra long ones so perhaps this speculation is in vein.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2012, 03:51:43 AM »
When MT(x) goes to Free For All, MT(x+1) starts, so no loss income for AWS.

I am becoming a bigger fan of trialling this free-for-all idea. Anyone in the EU or US will have huge comp kick off, anyone outside that will still have the challenges of filling their subsidiary bases.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »
How long is the overlap between game worlds? I though next one started as the other one ended.

More or less.  There is usually a 1 or 2 week overlap

My bet is that the next game world will be one of these ultra long ones so perhaps this speculation is in vein.

My prediction is that by year 16 (2/3 of the game world), MT6 will be below 200 players.  Faster than MT5, because MT6 has a better aircraft availability.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.