Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market  (Read 10365 times)

DanDantes

• Former member
Re: Used Aircraft Market
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
I bet Dantes or SAC didn't win immediately when they started playing (please correct me when I'm wrong), they had to learn too, to become the best nowadays!

A small note I want to add is that it is definitely possible to start halfway the game and still grow big. In the MT5 I started somewhere in 2009/10 and in the end of the gameworld I was among the biggest airlines in the Middle East.

Dutchgliders.

P.S. I still have the opinion that the opening of another world halfway the existing one is good, and I agree with you notes about it.

You would have won on your bet :-) I got my butt kicked for 2-3 gameworlds but I was lucky as i managed to get the hang of it quickly after that and of course all my alliance members helped out. But even that dident stop me from crashing in MT5. I made the wrong decision and had a spectacular BK  :-[

And yes, it is possible to make it in halfway. I did the same in MT5 after my BK. I moved to FRA and made it to become the biggest airline there using 717s  ;D

Dan

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
Just to prove to everyone that aws is fair and realistic, I am going to surpass Dante's in both company value and sale revenue. That way you will see that aws is fair game to everyone.

Disclaimer: the above information is not accurate, I will not surpass Dante's in any criteria with the exception of total company debt

;)

Dan

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »
Now available:
3x Avroliner 100 at $800.000 per calendar month  (yes, that is less then $2 per seat per week)
2x Fokker F70 at $500.000 per calendar month. (already leased out to smart airline CEO's)

No, it's really not less than $2 per seat per week. Not unless there are over 4000 weeks in a month.  ;)

Offline pndsc

• Members
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2012, 02:30:05 AM »
Im a bit stuck with what to do to expand.

I'm wary of breaking fleet commonality but despite a lot of waiting for DC-9s to come up and calling the used aircraft broker multiple times each week they just dont seem to be appearing for me. How much of a penalty will I get for breaking commonality? :/

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2012, 02:40:12 AM »
Im a bit stuck with what to do to expand.

I'm wary of breaking fleet commonality but despite a lot of waiting for DC-9s to come up and calling the used aircraft broker multiple times each week they just dont seem to be appearing for me. How much of a penalty will I get for breaking commonality? :/

Better to ditch those DC-9s and use a more fuel efficient aircraft anyways. Try Fokker 100 or RJ100 if you can get them soon enough new. Make good 1 to 1 replacements for those regional jets. Adding a second fleet won't hurt that much.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
the penalty for adding one or two fleets is minimal at most. i'd expand to another fleet.

edit: the F100 line is a little long (1.5 yrs or so last I checked), but the RJ100 has no line, so i'd go that route if you want to expand beginning in the next few months.

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »
Ok let me rephrase "your problem" to "the issues you raised".

For example there will not be a 650 player rush at the start. Perhaps 50-100 players with capacity added over the decades. Also the games starts will be less frequent so players are less likely to leave a game to join anther as there are several game worlds running parallel. I think this goes some way to address them do you agree?

+1

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2012, 08:40:22 PM »
Here is a different poinw about the situation in AWS where is hard to start mid-world and expansion is difficult....

Right now, Im based in an airport where there were 4 airlines (all of them part of respectable alliances and good strategy) and we have cutthroat competition. There are other routes available with unsupplied seats and the survivor of this hub will be ony ONE, the one that can make a profit from those routes when fuel prices will be high. Today.... there are plenty of opportunities, plenty of cash, but not enough aircrafts to execute the strategy. This plane deficiancy in itself, acts as a barrier to entry. And is a part of the game I enjoy.

When planes become less scarce, my fake job as an airline CEO will become an airline scheduling assistant... just schedule routes and that's it.

So I enjoy the lack of planes just like I enjoy the scarcity of slots. Its a no brainer.... you open a route from SAEZ to EGLL (as an example) and you are GUARANTEED to make money forever. You wont get pushed around by competition because there will be no more slots..... So finding this situations (in my opinion) is the fun aspect of this simulation.

I hear "this game is not friendly to newcomers". Well, yes that is true. But that is the whole point. You cant excel at something you are not good at unless you practice. You cant expect to have the same odds of success halfway into a game world than an airline that has been there since the start..... That is not possible. So your objective is to simply start on day 1 and stay there the entire time. If you BK halfway.... then you are out of luck!

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2012, 07:56:34 AM »
Every mature market is hardly friendly to any newcomer, I'd dare to say... Btw, beginning in the middle of a ame is just a matter of choosing the right airport. I started in JA4, around mid-game in Baharain and surpassed the dominant player based there in 5 yrs, growing to the 4th largest airline in the Gulf region by the end of the game. Then, of course, it is quite hard for a newby to be succesful at the first try... It took me 4 times before I could get an airline to mid game, and then my 5th attempt was succesful. That's life... You can't always be a winner! :)

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »
Right now, Im based in an airport where there were 4 airlines (all of them part of respectable alliances and good strategy) and we have cutthroat competition. There are other routes available with unsupplied seats and the survivor of this hub will be ony ONE, the one that can make a profit from those routes when fuel prices will be high. Today.... there are plenty of opportunities, plenty of cash, but not enough aircrafts to execute the strategy. This plane deficiancy in itself, acts as a barrier to entry. And is a part of the game I enjoy.

Same thing going on at KLAS. it's going to be interesting in a few years.  ???

Offline eiva

• Members
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
The used market has been a joy for the last real days, there are even Boeing 737-800 for lease  :)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
I just left the US (Thrice-failed Enoch Air) for Libya (Air Tripolitania) where Im now raking in the cash with the five ancient BAC One-Elevens I managed to score. I was surprised to find that airport open, guess someone bked, there's a nice little domestic niche in Libya and a few open international routes. If the BAC's hold together for two years, I see plenty of pottential replacements in production.

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
The used market has been a joy for the last real days, there are even Boeing 737-800 for lease  :)

Is only going to get better. Many players are throwing the towel to their respective mkt leaders. Also short term leases are being replaced by new deliveries....

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »
What would be a good replacement for the 737-3/4/5? (besides new 737 ;) )

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
What would be a good replacement for the 737-3/4/5? (besides new 737 ;) )

CSeries further down the line, E195 for the smaller two which comes earlier. Obviously their NG counterparts. Depends on which type of routes you fly and if you can fill the demand with small planes.

Offline maya666

• Members
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »
Thank you, and how about the airbus A320?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »
Thank you, and how about the airbus A320?

Sure thing. That's one I missed out.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2012, 02:21:49 AM »
An update to the stats as of December 1997.

Total order backlog: 13,701
Total aircraft in service: 16,991

March 2001

Total order backlog: 14,219
Total aircraft in service: 28,489

BTW, there are more aircraft in service now in MT6 than there were at the end of MT5.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2012, 02:33:09 AM »
March 2001

Total order backlog: 14,219
Total aircraft in service: 28,489

BTW, there are more aircraft in service now in MT6 than there were at the end of MT5.

Well, that should be true since the every game empties toward the final stages.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2012, 02:37:09 AM »
Well, that should be true since the every game empties toward the final stages.

I thought that myself but it still says a lot about the current state of play.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.