Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Market  (Read 10358 times)

Offline ottovhaff

• Members
Used Aircraft Market
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
Hi all,

I have mentioned this before, it really makes no sense that one canīt find good A/C in the used markets unless one sits in front of the PC the whole day refreshing the A/C pages!!!
Some of us are quite busy to do that and I guess We still deserve to run our company using decent aircraft!!!! And not having to go into financial trouble obviously!!!

I understand why Sami does it, but i bet a lot of people here get penalised in this process!!!
Sami I strongly suggest You think this through!!

Regards

Wardie9

• Former member
Re: Used Aircraft Market
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:51:21 AM »
I admit i am finding it very hard to find decent used aircraft, however i am finding this game rather easy, all my routes are creating large profits, and am just finding myself waiting until i get enough money to order new aircraft.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:21:13 AM »
Having 600 airlines all vying for the same aircraft is part of the problem. That will go away once the early rush starts dying down. We might also see the population dwindle a bit as time goes on, freeing up more airplanes. DOTM was totally full until this world opened up.

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
I remember at the start of MT#5 it was like this, then a game year or so later it died down and there were plenty of decent used aircraft on the market.  Patience is always the answer at this stage  ;)

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »
I admit i am finding it very hard to find decent used aircraft, however i am finding this game rather easy, all my routes are creating large profits, and am just finding myself waiting until i get enough money to order new aircraft.

Just you wait lol 8)

Wait til the gas prices get up and above 1000, 15 yrs down the road

Offline ARASKA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 03:15:00 AM »
I've found it easier to get aircraft now in this game then now in DOTM#3. Maybe that is because ATRs are easier to get. I had to B'k in DOTM and still haven't been able to get another good airline going because of the used aircraft market.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 03:16:33 AM »
I've found it easier to get aircraft now in this game then now in DOTM#3. Maybe that is because ATRs are easier to get. I had to B'k in DOTM and still haven't been able to get another good airline going because of the used aircraft market.

DOTM3 was/(is?) horrendous for the used market, I got maybe 3 planes off there. Now just relying off new.

It's usually a lot better in MT, I remember picking up 30 or so 737CLs quite early on in the last one.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:44:20 AM »
I think it's also just a matter of luck. Early on, I was lucky enough to find many aircraft available. Now, I'm struggling to find more aircraft (DC-9), but I'm making quite a profit, so in the meantime, I'm just repairing the aircraft to 80+% and stockpiling money for a semi-large new aircraft order.

Nlgravity

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »
With the new "calls" to refresh used market, you can only see an updated used inventory 7 times per week? Is this right? Because if that's the case.... then it makes sence why at first the inventory of good planes was so high.

I never really understood how those "calls" worked..... but Im sure there is a whole subject on another forum so dont want to get side tracked.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
I laugh at all the players who leased those fuel guzzzzzlers. Can't wait for the fuel prices to go sky high....  ;D

I used other tactics then UAM this time... and it works pretty well so far.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
I laugh at all the players who leased those fuel guzzzzzlers. Can't wait for the fuel prices to go sky high....  ;D

I used other tactics then UAM this time... and it works pretty well so far.

The problem is that it's 1995 in MT6 and the definition of gas guzzler changed dramatically between 1995 and 2011.  Today, most airlines are dropping the 757 because it's a gas guzzler, but in 1995 it's one of the most efficient birds in the sky.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »
I'd talk more of those leasing 707s still. Those and the DC8 bankrupted so many in DOTM let alone many years later. But fuel prices are so similar that they won't be punished yet.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
The 707 killed me within six months and that was in DOTM. I have no idea how anyone keeps those things in the air outside of Jet Age.

Offline ottovhaff

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
On another note,

I just paid over $1.1M to fly a 732 on a 200NM route 7 days a week!!!
I mean, seriously???

Online dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
On the 707, I fly about 40 of them in DOTM3 - but only run them on routes 2500 - 4000 NM.  They aren't the most profitable beasts, but they get the job done as long as fuel stays reasonable. 

As long as you have a transition plan, you should be ok...

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 03:11:17 AM »
So far,
the used market in MT6 has been a bit weak on getting good aircraft.  I'm trying to be good and stay within my 2 fleet types for now.  I've just resolved to order brand new, the bad part is, I'm waiting 2 to 3 months, instead of 2 weeks. 

Oh well, that's life on the AWS  8)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 02:11:52 PM »
So far,
the used market in MT6 has been a bit weak on getting good aircraft.  I'm trying to be good and stay within my 2 fleet types for now.  I've just resolved to order brand new, the bad part is, I'm waiting 2 to 3 months, instead of 2 weeks. 

Oh well, that's life on the AWS  8)

No one ever went bankrupt because they expanded too slowly.  You have 24 years to fill up your routes.  The key to succeeding in AWS is not luck, but patience.

Offline lunchbox

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 03:16:10 AM »
No one ever went bankrupt because they expanded too slowly.  You have 24 years to fill up your routes.  The key to succeeding in AWS is not luck, but patience.

Absolutely, thanks for the advice 8)

I'm just glad I found a niche airport to base my HQ

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »
I'm leasing 18 year old DC-9s. With fuel prices low and D-Checks a ways off, the low lease prices make allow me to turn quite a profit. I have since performed extra maintenance to bring them all up to the 90% range and that has helped significantly with reducing my delays. Oh, and I have only leased them until their D-Check, so I'll just put a new aircraft on their routes once my lease expires in 4-6 years.

Using fuel guzzlers isn't a problem unless the fuel and lease prices are high- and especially if you don't have a strategy of future replacement.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
I'm leasing 18 year old DC-9s. With fuel prices low and D-Checks a ways off, the low lease prices make allow me to turn quite a profit. I have since performed extra maintenance to bring them all up to the 90% range and that has helped significantly with reducing my delays. Oh, and I have only leased them until their D-Check, so I'll just put a new aircraft on their routes once my lease expires in 4-6 years.

Using fuel guzzlers isn't a problem unless the fuel and lease prices are high- and especially if you don't have a strategy of future replacement.
And what about Boeing 707?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.