Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used Aircraft Question  (Read 949 times)

forsberc

• Former member
Used Aircraft Question
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:04:35 AM »
Why doesn't the global statistics match what is currently available on the used market? For example, it says there are some 12 DC-9-50s in storage or for sale, but they are not available to buy/lease in the market.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: Used Aircraft Question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
Not all are on the market. Those in storage have yet to be released to the market.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline AUpilot77

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:55:46 AM »
Its an interesting way of doing things.  The Global Statistics page shows the entire database of aircraft available, but only a select few are available on the used market at a time.  Gradually, if one aircraft type quantity is low or "out of stock" more will be released onto the used aircraft market from that global statistics list.

I wish every aircraft would be shown there immediately, but its just the way things go.  Not sure which way is more realistic.

Online dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:27:20 AM »
I think that the current approach is 'less' realistic.  In real life, you would be able to contact leasing companies and get a hold of those planes pretty quickly.  From a gameplan perspective, the current approach is probably better.

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:26 AM »
well that's encouraging, though still problematic!

Thanks for the help!

Cameron

wapp11

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:19:17 AM »
I think that the current approach is 'less' realistic.  In real life, you would be able to contact leasing companies and get a hold of those planes pretty quickly.  From a gameplan perspective, the current approach is probably better.

Maybe some are in need C, D check, and can not be sold.  Others may be in foreclosure, or other in "need of paper work" situations.  Maybe some are being held by the owners who are not sure if they really want to sell yet or not.  Those all may be reasons for "in storage" in the real world.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »
We learned recently in bankrupcy of American Airlines that they still had in their fleet 4 Fokker 100 althought they were retired from airlines operation since... 2004.

The said aircrafts were parked somewere in Arizona. I do not know the exact reason why AA acted like this as these aicrafts where leased. (maybe not possible to end the lease contract) Hence the airline paid the leasings for nothing more that sitting in the desert.

So yes IRL it happen that aircrafts are in storage and not offered for sale or lease.

n.b: as a result of the ch.11 the 4 lease contracts are to be canceled and these aircrafts will go back to their lessor.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.