Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Qatari taxes  (Read 1276 times)

Offline EYguy

• Members
Qatari taxes
« on: December 04, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »
Hi everybody.

I just would like to mention this "bug": companies registered in Qatar and with the majority of their shares registered to Qatari individual/companies are exempted from paying income taxes, a stated by the qatary tax law.

I would like to know why the game says the tax level of Qatar is 29%.

I lived in-country for a while and only companies with more than 50% of shares registered to foreign owners have to pay taxes.
Could this issue be sorted out in this game? If not, can this thing be corrected in the next games?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Qatari taxes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
Got source for the data?

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »
I lived in country for a few months and I worked as an accountant... The same story applies for banks and oul companies with foreign ownership,when based in the UAE. I'll link you some links as soon as I find some reliable sources...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
I lived in country for a few months and I worked as an accountant... The same story applies for banks and oul companies with foreign ownership,when based in the UAE. I'll link you some links as soon as I find some reliable sources...

The 0% in UAE (e.g. Dubai) is already applied in game so I imagine with Qatar that it's a similar situation.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

coopdogyo

• Former member

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/qatar/qatar-introduces-10-flat-corporate-tax-1.529017

That article is in reference to Foreign-owned companies.  Unless you were referring to the one line in there that mentions that domestic companies are excluded:

"However, corporate tax is levied only on foreign-owned business entities in Qatar, and there is no tax rate for Qatari-owned businesses."

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
That's what I meant... The already low tax rate is applied only to foreign owned companies...

I guess my company is Qatari owned! :) When are we going to sort this thing out? :)

Regards

cornbeef007@hotmail.com

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »
I think this would get sorted out if you provide some sort of reference. Thats great you were a tax accountant, I'm happy for you, but that ultimately proves absolutely nothing. Your the one that wants to take advantage of the tax situation, I would do the same if I were you. But it is utterly reprehensible that you demand a change without any sort of official documentation. It is irresponsible that you have not done some research and cited your OFFICAL references, why should SAMI do this if it will benefit you. Show some proof, not some news article, get government publications.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:07:05 PM by cornbeef007 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »
......iiiin any case it will not be changed to this game world, only to master database for next games. Anyway, a bug report is always the way to go (with proper references) and then I must make some "official" comment/decision to it  :P

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
I think this would get sorted out if you provide some sort of reference. Thats great you were a tax accountant, I'm happy for you, but that ultimately proves absolutely nothing. Your the one that wants to take advantage of the tax situation, I would do the same if I were you. But it is utterly reprehensible that you demand a change without any sort of official documentation. It is irresponsible that you have not done some research and cited your OFFICAL references, why should SAMI do this if it will benefit you. Show some proof, not some news article, get government publications.

Cornbeeef, when a country doesn't have any tax law, it is quite difficult to prove that there are no taxes at all.
Secondly, I have a job in my real life, and I do not have much time to waste going around trying to find out some evidences for such a thing. Not that I didn't care, because of course I raised the question. But, truste me, I sleep a very deep sleep at night! ;)

However, if you reckon that it should be my duty to do so, I'll ring the Qatari Embassy and ask the a copy of their tax law book in order for me to able to scan a page of it and show you that there's no taxes for Qatari companies! :)

Regards

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
Domestic (Quatari) Corporation:
0% tax
<b>However, corporate tax is levied only on foreign-owned business entities in Qatar, and there is no tax rate for Qatari-owned businesses</b>
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/qatar/qatar-introduces-10-flat-corporate-tax-1.529017

Foreign Owned Corporations:
Was 10-35%
From 2010: 10% flat tax rate.
http://www.lw.com/upload/pubContent/_pdf/pub3366_1.pdf

I think EYguy is right

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
Thanks JumboShrimp...

Regards

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.