Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: B737-300 ?????  (Read 2382 times)

GDK

• Former member
Re: B737-300 ?????
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 11:07:33 AM »
I imagine LB means upstarts ordering 50 planes within the first years. Most growth I've heard of an airline company is 25m to 0.85bn in 4 years. AA for example has been flying for yonks, of course airlines like that wont have trouble getting the financing for 460 planes or whatever it was.

Lion Air is an interesting one, they launched the 737-900ER when before that they were flying a few 737 classics and MDs. I do wonder where airlines like that get the money. Most likely massive discounts by ordering when Boeing had a slump in production like Ryanair did. Are they government backed.

I think they are not Indon-government backed, but the huge order is for sure affected by some political factors. Not sure if they are US-government backed or they get some huge discount from Boeing (pressure from the US to give discount). US is trying to spread their influences to some new SEA nation when they knew that their rival China and India is growing fast in this region. There is some reason behind why Obama visit Indon. And it might be also related to Airbus's development in Asia which see they opened a A320 assembly line in China, followed by setting up of Logistic centre also in China, and another 2 major project of setting up a spare centre and a MRO in Malysia.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 01:48:29 PM »
In real life airlines order based on commitments, not 'hard' orders. So in this case the airline did not pay 21 billion, just a  very small percentage saying we will buy these. As it gets closer to production, the aircraft company and the airline then will negotiate the purchase price and contract. up to that point either party can get out of the contract without messing up production or costing a lot of money.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 01:54:24 PM »
How much do you know about them?  I've more than just glanced wiki. My mate flew for them on the 737 so I spoke about them quite a lot.

They have been around for the while, and their orderbook had 200 aircraft on it before this order. They are like the Ryanair of South East Asia...

Indonesia has 250 million people.  They are just experiencing what the world felt in the 1980s.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
I imagine LB means upstarts ordering 50 planes within the first years. Most growth I've heard of an airline company is 25m to 0.85bn in 4 years. AA for example has been flying for yonks, of course airlines like that wont have trouble getting the financing for 460 planes or whatever it was.

Lion Air is an interesting one, they launched the 737-900ER when before that they were flying a few 737 classics and MDs. I do wonder where airlines like that get the money. Most likely massive discounts by ordering when Boeing had a slump in production like Ryanair did. Are they government backed.

No, what I'm talking about is buying planes in general.  It doesn't happen with a flip of a switch or the click of a button.  Lion Air announced they had plans to buy planes 2 weeks ago and there is no way they were not in touch with banks etc. many months before this.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
Yeah I se. Orders don't just happen overnight. There is often months of negotiations. Then they are announced overnight. Then there are often renegotiations. But you often don't see what goes on behind the scenes.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Will

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:32 PM »
I noticed that holes have opened up in the B737-300 production schedule.  I found references in both the manual and forum posts that orders may move up when there are cancellations.

There are green spots in the production schedule in 1995 now though my first 737-300 delivery is showing for 1987.  I would certainly prefer to see this move up to 1985 where the holes are now.

I am still new enough that there is much to learn.  Will my deliveries move up or is there something else I don't know yet.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »
To get the green slots you have to make an order. If it's the grey slots, then the production line will move up and fill these naturally.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
I noticed that holes have opened up in the B737-300 production schedule.  I found references in both the manual and forum posts that orders may move up when there are cancellations.

There are green spots in the production schedule in 1995 now though my first 737-300 delivery is showing for 1987.  I would certainly prefer to see this move up to 1985 where the holes are now.

I am still new enough that there is much to learn.  Will my deliveries move up or is there something else I don't know yet.

If you already have an order in for 733's and the first one is due in 1987, you can not get the delivery slots in 1985. Any new order placed will fall after your current orders. Carriers that have not yet ordered or only have orders earlier in the production que can get these early slots, though.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Will

• Members
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
To get the green slots you have to make an order. If it's the grey slots, then the production line will move up and fill these naturally.

I missed that the cancellations and BKs would be grey rather then green.  Those new green slots would only be production line production rate increases then.  Thanks.

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
B737-300 ?????
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
Looks like gaps appeared in the 737 order list.

I just ordered 16 737s-300s, with first delivery in 1984 (actually it seems I will get the first 737-300).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.