Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Marketing cost bug ? Weekly nationwide campaign 200.000 ????  (Read 1679 times)

Kastor

• Former member
Marketing cost bug ? Weekly nationwide campaign 200.000 ????
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
I started two nationwide campaigns:
one was newspaper/billboard/radio permanent and it shown up to be costing like 250.000 weekly !! That was 30. week.
second was tv campaign for one month shown to be like 180.000 weekly !! In the same 30. week.

Now it is showing normal, about 49.000 and 41.000 weekly, but I have been charged 180.000 instead of 90.000 :(

Is it a bug or is it normal game behavior ?

Offline Unbornio

• Members
Re: Marketing cost bug ? Weekly nationwide campaign 200.000 ????
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
Firstly, wrong forum.

Secondly, it isn't a bug. If you read it, it says that marketing costs increase if your airline expands or something like that. (If it is a bug, my apologies)
Beta Tester

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
So why it got reduced from week to week while I didn't add/remove any routes at this time ?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »
Normal I suppose. The marketing costs are recalculated on weekly basis based on your airline size (routes / fleet size).

TV and radio are expensive but very effective also.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »
Ok, but I am just wondering, why general marketing campaigns cost change when you have more routes ? That are GENERAL campaignes affecting the company image, so by assumption the cost should be fixed.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Marketing cost bug ? Weekly nationwide campaign 200.000
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:22:34 PM »
The number of planes and routes are just used as measures of the size of your airline. Bigger airline .. bigger campaign perhaps, better ad agency, more people working perhaps and a bigger organization etc.etc, you name it. ;)

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
OK, but general marketing cost that should be more related with company office than with routes, right now is quite linear.
It is double when I have more aircraft. Ok, it can be a BIT higher when I have bigger company, but fixed cost working like route related cost is silly. I don't understand that game because it's economy works different than it real world.
The same with aircraft service cost. Fleet commonality doesn't work almost at all because costs related with that are too much related. I have twice the aircraft, I have twice the cost, just like I would take another type of aircraft.
The cost are made so high that this is impossible to win this game if want to act according to real world economic rules.
Next is LF that NEVER goes above 65%-68% even on the routes where I am alone, have low ticket price, 100% punctuality and demand is tripple my offered seats.

SAMI, ONLY ONE WAY TO WIN THIS GAME WHICH ONLY YOU AND BETA TESTERS KNOW IS A BIT TOO LITTLE. THE GAME IS TOO MUCH DIFFICULT.

I am now loosing second demo game which I played very oposite way than previous one and loosing because of the same: can not earn for the extremelly high cost. Sorry, I don't understand this game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:30:16 AM by Kastor »

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »
czesc kastor, spokojnie nie denerwuj sie... :)

what is your base hub? Maybe you chose a base hub that has too low passenger demand? Always aim for a base hub with relatively high passenger demand (at least 75%) and with as few competitors as possible. Don't go for an airport that you like or an area that you like, where the demand is at 50% only, or the hub is remote from others.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
Czesc Deepblue, Ty mnie nie widziales zdenerwowanego  ;D

My base hub is JFK, so not bad, I don't see a problem in my hub, I see it in economic rules that work in the game and I do not understand them at all, fixed costs behave too much as unit related cost.  :(

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »
i understand your confusion but it really is a simple rule within the game; the larger your airline, the higher your marketing costs. Thus it is not really a fixed cost, it is indeed dependent on your size. It is clearly stated within the manual. I agree with you, it somehow doesn't fit with real life. But that's the rules of the game. Unfortunately you will never know exactly how much marketing is going to cost. But i would advise you to do television marketing. It is expensive, but the company image goes up like crazy and so does the L/F. It's worth it, no matter what the cost!!!

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
Deepblue, I can not agree with you on this rule. Itwould be good for promoting your routes PACKAGE, but building the brand awareness is different and it is not related linear cost at all, unless you have more brands. Well, I would accept it if you had more bases/hubs, but in this game you do not have even a second base as of yet !

And I tried tv. Yeah, it is expensive and effective on company image, but frankly, I do not see so tight relation between company image and LF...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.