Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used market dead?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Dan380

• Members
Used market dead?
« on: November 19, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
I haven't seen a single 727 or 737 for about 4 real days. I appreciate they're both in-demand types, but I thought the "calls" feature was supposed to make it easier to find aircraft?

Is anyone else having similar problems, or am I just being super unlucky?  :-\

EDIT: And typically, 2 minutes later I try and there are 3 727s.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:52:39 PM by Dan380 »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Used market dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
I got a BAC 1-11 on the very first game day...have only seen 1 since then and the D-check expired in only 3 years.  Looking at the global stats, there are only 14 BAC-11 500 in storage, so I've pretty much given up on getting any used.  However, there are 400 727/737 in storage, so they should be showing up quite regularly.

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »
While in every game there are posts about the used market, I do think the 7 calls feature needs tweaking.

It is a matter of luck with the new feature, but lately the used market has been very dry. Perhaps we are in a place where everyone has cash and is trying to grab everything, but if the demand is there, then supply should increase and release a few more of the ones in storage.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
The first couple years are always tight.  If you look at JA (now in year 5), there is a wider selection of aircraft and newer models have to be purchased at a premium.

I agree that the used market is a challenge, one of the things that I was thinking about is potentially having an auction once a quarter or something like that where a larger number of planes come on the market and you can bid on them...

just a thought...

Offline Dan380

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
I've been playing on and off since the beta stages, and I can't remember having gone so long without finding a single aircraft on the market. But typically, straight after I posted 3 aircraft appeared.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »
i find that it's really hit and miss with those things, im also shocked that there only turning out 13 a month on the production line. I would think this was the boom times for the 727.

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
At least you didn't get screwed into picking up 707's late in day one. I could have had L-1011s but instead I waited too long and now I'm watching as my profit evaporates wondering how people can ever afford to order new planes so early.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
At least you didn't get screwed into picking up 707's late in day one. I could have had L-1011s but instead I waited too long and now I'm watching as my profit evaporates wondering how people can ever afford to order new planes so early.

I have a fleet of BAC 1-11.  With the exception of the 1 used aircraft I got day one, every single one has been new from the manufacturer and I also have 6 B757 on order at a total cost of around ~$35 million.  The starting money in DOTM3 is HUGE and having working capital shouldn't be an issue unless you've made huge mistakes.

Offline MidlandDeltic

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
I haven't seen a single 727 or 737 for about 4 real days. I appreciate they're both in-demand types, but I thought the "calls" feature was supposed to make it easier to find aircraft?

Is anyone else having similar problems, or am I just being super unlucky?  :-\

EDIT: And typically, 2 minutes later I try and there are 3 727s.  ::)

Sorry - picked up 3 737s in the last 36 (real life) hours - including a 6 month old one!  I got the breaks for a change :)

MD

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 03:14:58 AM »
The only mistake I think I made was in choosing the 707-320B Adv, seemed like a good idea at the time. Although last I checked there were 108 of them in service, only 6 belonging to me. I'm making around $250k in a good week with 85% LF, added 10 business seats (90%LF) to three of the planes which seems to be helping offset the increasing fuel costs in the short term. Right now Im just hoping to get enough money in the bank to get out of this mess before these things start killing me. I've heard that they have been responsible for dozens of bankruptcies in the past. If it comes to that, we'll be back in 1982 lesson learned.

Offline andyair

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
One of the airline in my base (Houston - George Bush (KIAH). Already had 34 (727-100-200-200adv.) and 2 more in order. They are average 6-8 yrs old.  When I couldn't find 1 for myself for couple days in real time. :(

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
When I couldn't find 1 for myself for couple days in real time. :(

I have never seen DC-10 in the used market (expect in the start).

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 08:33:43 AM »
What's it take to get one of the 22 Viscount 840s in storage? You'd think the owners would jump at the chance to make some cash on a 20 year old plane. Ive dug up a ton of 810's calling the market but they have the worst range. I need the max range if I'm going to expand at all while I wait half a decade to get decent planes. I'm thinking it's almost as bad for bottom feeders like me as it is for the major contenders.

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:02 AM »
I agree - open the flood gates on the used market!

Offline AeroJet

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
This is crazy, the used market is often limited in selection at the start of game worlds but I've never seen anything like it. I've spent 4 days checking regularly for any aircraft I can use for both domestic US and trans-Atlantic and cannot find anything decent. I'm going to have to quit this game if there aren't aircraft added to the pool, I just don't know how to turn a profit competing against established carriers the gas-guzzlers currently available....sami please help!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:39:56 AM by AeroJet »

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »
I finally got my 2nd Viscount 840 last night. Someone else let it go and it's still not due for D-check until 1985. It took me a week of trying and fully exhausting the call feature but I got my plane finally. Of course it's currently losing me money with a horrible LF but I got what I wanted.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.