Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Air Brighton rebirth  (Read 1506 times)

Kastor

• Former member
Air Brighton rebirth
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
After declaring bancrupcy due to a few unfortunate fleet decisions, which led to huge outstanding ballance,  Air Brighton CEO, Mr Kastor decided to re-establish the airline on the same airport.
Air Brighton restarted with leased DHC 7 turboprop 48 seater aircraft on very popular route to Chicago (ORD), Boston (BOS) and Baltimore (BWI). Air Brighton has another aircraft of the very same type on order and plans for next short regional routes.
Asked about long-haul flights, Kastor mysteriously smiled saying: maybe in future.

Good luck this time :-)  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:08:42 PM by Kastor »

Offline Unbornio

• Members
Re: Air Brighton rebirth
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
Bad choice of planes. But oh well, not my airline.  ;D
Beta Tester

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »
These A/C earns money since very first flights.  :)

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
Start with the bigger aircraft, they earn much much more.  :P
Beta Tester

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
I have just bancrupted my previous airline because have taken 737-200 and 707-320 and couldn't fill them enough to cover fuel cost.

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:30 PM »
Cool. Good luck then  ;)
Beta Tester

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
Actually, your 737 was making money, but because you had the 707, you in general made losses (operating the 707 cost uyou more money than you got from 737). So, you can start with bigger aircraft, but you have to make sure that it doesn't consume too much fuel (about 5000kg/hr max). When choosing an aircraft, the most important things to consider are:
1.) what kind of route it will fly (short, <1000nm -> use turboprop; medium 500-2000nm -> small jet (ERJs, Bombardier) or medium jet (B737/A320/321); or longhaul 1500nm-6000nm -> big jets (B747/757/767/777/A330/A340/DC10/MD11/Tristar)). Always check that the demand for the route is more than what the airplane is capable to take on board with the current configuration. If there are many routes to choose from, pick the one with highest F/C demand (will give more profits after you reconfigure the aircrat to include those classes).

2.)How many passengers it's able to carry.
3.)Fuel economy. Depending on aircraft size, but it's usually good to compare many same-sized aircraft, and see that the plane you chooce doesn't have the highest fuel concumption.
4.)Price. Important, when there's the chance to get 2 airplanes of the same type at start.
5.)Aircraft age/condition. Age should be no more than 10-12 years (but for the first aircraft, not less than 4years, it's just not worth the money you need in the beginning. Aircraft condition should be no less than 70%. Again, the higher, the better, but no need to get aircraft with >90% condition, because it's not worth it. Only, if there are no other aircraft of the same model available, should you take it.
6.)Aircraft and Engine type. If you are choosing your 1st airplane, doesn't affect. But, when getting additional planes, you should always get the same model and engines, as the airplane will then be cheaper to maintain. So, if you have a 737-300 with PW engines, try to get another 737-300 with PW engines. if not able, try other engines. If again not possible, get at least a 737 (fort example -400). Only, if you just can't get another 737(because there aren't any on the market; or, you need a totally different type of airplane, a turboprop for example), choose another aircraft type. But, again, chooce a type you can use later and can get more than one when needed, so you don't have 10 different aircraft, all different types.

7.)Speed. Not that important, but the faster the plane goes, the longer you fly in the same amount of time allowing you to fly longer in a single day, or make 1 extra flight every day, both increasing your income.
8.)Range. Always make sure your aircraft is able to fly the route you want it to fly. it's not good to make a jet fly a long route with the capability to take only half the passengers on board -> you make less money.
9.)Turn around time. The less time the plane stays on ground, the more time it will have to fly. And when aircraft flies, it (should) bring you money. Of course, when creating a route, you should put the rutn around time longer than the minimum, otherwise there will be a lot of cancellations, which affect your image and income. Usually it's good to put the propability under 10% (but on 0% only, if you don't need the extra time to make another flight).

I think those are the most important ones. You may not always have to think all of them, but it's good to know how each of them affects.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »
Whoa, thank you very much, Jps for a big lesson. Actually my lesson learned from a previous fail covers most of that what you wrote and that is a sign for me that I made proper conclusions :-)

I think speed is important if you consider sending a turboprop to the 1000 nm route, and you have a choice to send a 737, but as long as you keep your turboprops for routes shorter than 400 nm, more important is fuel consumption that for turboprop is like 1/3 of what a jet can burn. That is real money that counts.

You are right, my 737 was doing quite well, I will have another two aircraft as 737 for middle haul routes like to LAS, DFW or DEN, and later I will put 737 on the ATL and ORD route.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »
=========Press Release==========

Due to earlier statement, Air Brighton has just received it's second turboprop aircraft, the 48 seater DHC7.
Airline has added the morning connection to Charlotte (CLT), Atlanta (ATL) and second flight to Boston (BOS).

Journalist:           Mr Kastor, is Air Brighton so well that airline is buying another aircraft so soon after the first one ?
Air Brighton CEO: Both our aircraft earn money since very first flights. We have full fleet commonality, thus keep our costs low.  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:59:14 PM by Kastor »

deepblue501

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »
707 is a crap and outdated aircraft at the start of our game. It takes less passengers than e.g. md80 but burns much more fuel. Also it has bigger number of cabin crew, and higher maintenance costs. All in all i would absolutely not recommend that aircraft to anybody. Maybe if the game would've started in 1977 i/o 1987.

Although not my favorite in real life, the md80 are pretty good aircraft to have in the game. Just waiting for those beautiful a320 to appear and i'll have them...:-)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.