Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Adjustment for oversupply warning of low demand routes  (Read 512 times)

Offline chiveicrook

• Members
[-] Adjustment for oversupply warning of low demand routes
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
I really don't like the way oversupply is handled for small (under 60) routes. I don't know how relevant it is in other games/later periods (I'm in my first AWS game in JA), but I find it quite challenging to setup my routes without uselessly reconfiguring my planes.. Even more annoying are different demands for return routes but at least it's reasonably logical...

Let's take one of my routes:
Average demand is 50 per day. My planes on this route are 52 seaters. I operate 2 flights a day (104 seats) and naturally I get oversupply warning. If I operate only 1 flight a day I'm losing quite a lot (it seems that operating only 1 flight halves my profits even though second flight is a red eye)... I am the only operator in sight.

My request is to add some fixed absolute adjustment which will not make any difference for big routes, where fair competition is more important.
Instead of having 200% limit, would it be possible to make it 200%+10 seats for example? It won't matter at all for large routes but will reduce irritation levels on small ones giving slightly more leeway (IMHO for newcomers like me such stuff can be really irritating especially at the start of the game where used market often dictates the choice of a plane) ;-)
While it may seem enormous for tiny routes (like 10 pax), I can't believe anyone would try to compete for such small demand or even fly them....

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:01:37 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Adjustment for oversupply warning of low demand routes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:01:34 PM »
You can use the seat blocking feature for these small adjustments without having to reconfig your planes needlessly. The rule enforcement has to be a part of small routes too to avoid abuse there (seen cases where players route planes to 10pax/day routes in order to keep slots, etc).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.