Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand Increase?  (Read 805 times)

Offline jamier

• Members
Demand Increase?
« on: October 30, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

preety new to AWS and this is the first early years game ive played. Will demand from the airports increase as where i am at the moment theres enough demand for maybe 30 pax a day on most routes but in the euro-america challenge i was using 1/2 daily b737 flights.

Thanks for any help

Jamie

GDK

• Former member
Re: Demand Increase?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:59:12 AM »
yes it will grow slowly

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
You have to remember what year the game is set in. I don't think the 737 was even on the drawing board yet. It will make an appearance at some point during the game when the time comes. Right now the year 1962. Smaller jets will begin to show up in about 3-4 game years or so. ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:49:16 PM by L1011fan »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
P.S Games can be set in many different time periods, so that's what you need to look at to see why or why not certain things do or do not exist. :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
I just looked in the new section of the site and a game called Dawn Of the New Millenium is about to start another round after the current one ends. It'll be more like what you're used to to. It'll be set in the 80's and 90's and you'll have all kinds of 737, 727, MD-80 aircraft among others to choose from, so stay tuned!

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »
The increase will happen over time, but it'll probably be pretty sparse until the mid-70's.

Keep in mind, from a historical context, that airlines typically ran with a much lower average load factor and were still able to make money, so you can probably supply 50 pax/day on a 30 pax route and still do pretty well, all while covering for demand growth until you replace your fleet.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »
I just looked in the new section of the site and a game called Dawn Of the New Millenium is about to start another round after the current one ends. It'll be more like what you're used to to. It'll be set in the 80's and 90's and you'll have all kinds of 737, 727, MD-80 aircraft among others to choose from, so stay tuned!
I meant the NEWS section. Duh. Also, just to add to what schro said, people were just as happy to drive to their destinations as fly to them at this point in the game. Unless they had to drive cross-country, but then again, people would do that too in 1962. That's why the slow part. People in this time are getting use to the idea at this point. I don't think "average Joe" flew much then, LOL! ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.