Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Big Airlines ordering Direct Purchase aircraft  (Read 739 times)

George McMeekin

• Former member
Big Airlines ordering Direct Purchase aircraft
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
Hi all,

not a rant just needing an explanation.......
How is it that an Airline can come in and order 1 aircraft and purchase directly from the manufacturer for (in this case) $2m and get this their aircraft delivered in three months,
I on the other hand place an order for 20+ aircraft put a deposit of more than double this guys $2m, and also take out a lease agreement for these 20+ aircraft, yet I have to wait 2 years for my order to be completed?. How is this 1 aircraft delivered before mine..... :-\
Surly there has to be an explanation!

minerva

• Former member
Re: Big Airlines ordering Direct Purchase aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
If you order only one plane (no matter whether it is by lease or direct purchase) it gets the first available production slot.  If you order a number of planes they are scheduled for delivery on a regular basis over a number of months (typically, one per month, but it depends on the number of production slots per month).  This is a standard way of dealing with large orders in real life, although in AWS it is also done to prevent large airlines tying up all the production slots in a way that would prevent start-ups and smaller ordering airlines from getting timely delivery.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:03:31 AM »
And that's how Boeing and Airbus do it too. ;)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:31:54 AM »
And that's how Boeing and Airbus do it too. ;)

Not really - many airlines order airplannes in consecutive slots so that they can launch their operations with limited gap between deliveries...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Not really - many airlines order airplannes in consecutive slots so that they can launch their operations with limited gap between deliveries...
was just about to say that... look at the 787... Ana will have 8 or so before any other airline if the GENX continues to be delayed.

American Airlines has been taking delivery of almost 2 737's every month for the last couple of years. Ryanair is the same way...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.