Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Auto-registration enhancement  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Auto-registration enhancement
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
The auto-registration of new planes is nice, if you are anywhere but the US or the handful of other countries that use a suffix on the registration. Typically an airline uses the same suffix for all or most of their planes (N100AA, N101AA, etc). Since the registration system already enforces the format, would it be possible for the auto-registration to retain the suffix and just increment the numbers for countries that use a prefix-number-suffix format?
So instead of this:
N100AA, N100AB, N100AC

It would do this:
N100AA, N101AA, N102AA

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Auto-registration enhancement
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
It has to be either of those two, but not both. Currently I've chosen it to increase the letters but it can be changed if people 'vote' for it.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »
Vote to prefer number change in USA.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
Also prefer number change.

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
I askEd for this two months ago and it was ignored...

But I will +1 it in here...

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »
it would be awesome if this feature got implemented. maybe there would be a drop down menu that asks if you have a suffix or not.

i use this wether I'm based in the USA or Europe. for now I do it manually, and the way i do it - First Letter or number is my fleet code, middle characters are the sequential numbers, and the last two characters are my airline code. in MT8 I'm in Europe, so it goes D-AAME, D-ABME, and so on for one fleet, and the second fleet type it would be D-BAME, D-BBME, and so on. in the US, it is sort of the same, N101ME, N102ME, N201ME, N202ME, and so on.

sorry for over explaining, just wanted to be clear, that's all!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:57:59 AM by hmellouli »

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 01:21:28 AM »
Well, to complicate issues, I'd like to increase the detail on the fleet groups...

i.e. the A330/340 fleet covers 6 (8 if you count the HGW extra) sub-fleets... each has their own registration for me (A332 is N332AA... A343 is N343AA...).

Otherwise I am happy with the letters thus far. However I can adjust to number changes as well...

VOTE AGAINST NUMBER CHANGE in the end though... like the overview-ability for my fleets

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:54 AM »
I also vote for number change for USA registrations.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 01:50:56 AM »
I want to add something more to the auto-registration feature

When we got an A/C returned from lease, it don't get auto-reg. It's a nightmare when a big customer goes down, and I have to manually put in reg number for like 20 A/C. Each time require a page refresh, would just so annoying

So please add auto-reg for returned leased A/C

Offline Monica

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
I want to add something more to the auto-registration feature

When we got an A/C returned from lease, it don't get auto-reg. It's a nightmare when a big customer goes down, and I have to manually put in reg number for like 20 A/C. Each time require a page refresh, would just so annoying

So please add auto-reg for returned leased A/C

I like this suggestion. Also what Jona said, to add different auto-registrations to different sub-fleets if it's possible.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
Each time require a page refresh, would just so annoying

There should be an easy fix to this using ajax so there isn't a page refresh.

It has to be either of those two, but not both. Currently I've chosen it to increase the letters but it can be changed if people 'vote' for it.

I say to hell with the registration numbers.  Just have the game assign unique registrations to every aircraft and let players assign their own names/ids to aircraft and sort everything by those "internal" names instead of registration.  jetBlue names all their aircraft, for example.  Instead of having 7 aircraft lumped together with esoteric registration numbers I can just call them Heathrow1, Heathrow2, etc. and it makes it way easier to stay organized.  We can already add nicknames to aircraft, but this is largely useless right now.  This also solves the request for "aircraft groups".  There are few things I hate more than assigning registrations to my aircraft...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.