Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: DC8  (Read 892 times)

GDK

• Former member
DC8
« on: October 24, 2011, 05:23:40 AM »
I'm looking for brand new DC8. Any version of them will do. Anyone having one and feel you don't like to fly it yet, please sell it to me. :laugh:

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: DC8
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:10 AM »
 :laugh: You better order one.  :laugh:

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:14:26 AM »
I think I'm the one ordered the most DC8. But the slow delivery rate is killing me...

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »
Agreed.  The delivery rate is messed up.  I was one of the first to order, ordered them regularly, and have 40+ on order, but won't get the last of those for nearly 6 years!

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »
The Boeing has 1204 orders and the Douglas 1453 orders but both production rate is 26/month. I thought the production rate is depending on the amount of orders? :-\ And the production rate of the Boeing from Aug to Sep is 26 compared to Douglas which is only 9.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
I'm not sure if the production rate is dynamic in v1.3.  It never used to be.  However, the DC8 production line in JA5 is messed up because it has some kind of bug (this has been reported).  When I initially ordered my -31s they were set to be delivered within a couple of years.  However, once I started ordering other versions, -53s etc, those were inserted into the schedule ahead of the -31/33s and my initial orders were pushed back several years.  There are now 6 month gaps between batches in my orders that shouldn't be there, and half my -31s will now be delivered after I get all my -53s. Not how it is supposed to work at all. You might want to check your own schedule to see it you have the same issue.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 12:21:28 AM »
Yes I'm sure I have the same issue.
I ordered almost every version of the DC8 and the delivery period is so weird. I ordered the -10 and -20 first but I'll get them after I started to get -32, -41, -43 and the last -10 is scheduled to reach in 1967 which is too far away from my planning.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.