Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliances  (Read 1173 times)

Wizard

• Former member
Alliances
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
There are only 5 active Alliances existing right now.
Isnt that a very low number?

If YOU fell that way, maybe we shpuld talk about founding another one, just for the fun of doing it...

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Alliances
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
5 is a lot actually.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Ryanair 101

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 02:30:37 PM »
I agree 5 is enough!

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
I don't think there is an "enough" for alliances.

Our slots are already taken, Elite Alliance and WorldLink are out of slots, too.

GWNG only accepts people from Canada (real world), so left is QualiTeam with a low number of free slots.

If you, Wizard, want to found an alliance, just do so. ;) It's easy to find two players who help you.

Curse
King Airways
SkyConnect Management

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
I agree - there is no "enough" for alliances.

That said, 5 alliances is not a low number of alliances by any stretch of the imagination...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »
I agree - there is no "enough" for alliances.

That said, 5 alliances is not a low number of alliances by any stretch of the imagination...

Yeah 5 alliances is a pretty average number of alliances... generally 2 or 3 of them are recurrent ones.

I like it when some newer guys actually string together and form an alliance... sometimes they get some success. Wishing you guys the best of luck.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:16:38 PM »
Look at the year the game is in. In real life there were no alliances back then, just interline agreements. 5 is more than enough at this stage of the game. Alliances didn't really start popping up all over until the mid 1980's or so, if memory serves me correctly. I'm surprised we have 5 alliances at this point. As someone else said in this thread, if we add another alliance it would be for sheer fun, but probably of no real value given the game year.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »
What are the real benefits of being in an Alliance anyway?
e.g. does it actually increase LF's etc, etc

It cost you 1% to be in an Alliance which I presume just vapourises into AWS thin air? So there needs to be a benefit or two.

I joined an Alliance this time around and have found the forums to be useful so that is a definite benefit, but it is also non-tangible e.g. can't be physically counted as to what benefit it provides, like a LF could be.

There is one big disadvantage in being in an Alliance being that you then get tarred with the same brush when people go on an Alliance bashing warpath, therefore there needs to be outweighing advantages to get and keep people in Alliances.

PS - For the record, I am actually enjoying being a part of Skyconnect as it is helping me to get a better understanding of the game.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »
What are the real benefits of being in an Alliance anyway?
e.g. does it actually increase LF's etc, etc

It cost you 1% to be in an Alliance which I presume just vapourises into AWS thin air? So there needs to be a benefit or two.

I joined an Alliance this time around and have found the forums to be useful so that is a definite benefit, but it is also non-tangible e.g. can't be physically counted as to what benefit it provides, like a LF could be.

There is one big disadvantage in being in an Alliance being that you then get tarred with the same brush when people go on an Alliance bashing warpath, therefore there needs to be outweighing advantages to get and keep people in Alliances.

PS - For the record, I am actually enjoying being a part of Skyconnect as it is helping me to get a better understanding of the game.

I agree, there is a tiny boost to LF, if you leave your alliance you will see a slight drop in your LFs, but not much else. In my mind its the forums that are worth the 1%, I got so so much help and better at the game while having use of the Elite forums.

Offline Gleipner

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
Til version 1.4 or 2.0 or whenever codeshare will come around I think forums are the only benefit... apart from the oppertunety to backtalk other alliances. ^^ Naaw would never do that!

What Would be a nice money saving feature would be inhouse maintenance shared with in the alliance. E.g. airline X has a fleet of aircraft A,B and C and airline Y and Z has also A,B and C in their fleet, airline X choose to have inhouse maint. on aircraft B and can thus also maintain the other airlines aircraft B. Then lets say airline Z starts operating aircraft D, it would be benefitial to have an alliance member already having maint. that type. But that might be far away in time?

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 12:19:18 AM »
If that is available, I'll take the contract to do maintenance on all Airbus fleet ;D

Offline DHillMSP

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
Til version 1.4 or 2.0 or whenever codeshare will come around I think forums are the only benefit... apart from the oppertunety to backtalk other alliances. ^^ Naaw would never do that!

What Would be a nice money saving feature would be inhouse maintenance shared with in the alliance. E.g. airline X has a fleet of aircraft A,B and C and airline Y and Z has also A,B and C in their fleet, airline X choose to have inhouse maint. on aircraft B and can thus also maintain the other airlines aircraft B. Then lets say airline Z starts operating aircraft D, it would be benefitial to have an alliance member already having maint. that type. But that might be far away in time?

I love the idea, although I'm wagering that the maintenance model in terms of personnel and "office costs" (i.e. the physical maintenance base) would need to be reworked.  Almost wondering if that couldn't wind up as an option like the fuel management providers - pick the airline (or other provider, ala the leasing agencies) you'd like to do the heavy maintenance (C/D/extra) on your aircraft and be presented with cost options.

Offline Gleipner

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
I love the idea, although I'm wagering that the maintenance model in terms of personnel and "office costs" (i.e. the physical maintenance base) would need to be reworked.  Almost wondering if that couldn't wind up as an option like the fuel management providers - pick the airline (or other provider, ala the leasing agencies) you'd like to do the heavy maintenance (C/D/extra) on your aircraft and be presented with cost options.

Yeah, really comes down to the option of having or not having your own maintenance. Possible could also be choosing between not other airlines but other MROs. Say if you don't want to/can't use any alliance members maintenance then you can select from a number of different companys to do it for you. As for having the lessor doing it for you I think the whole leasing thing needs rework, you have to choose between dry (just the a/c) and wet (a/c, crew, maint., ground handling and so on) lease and what to include in a wet lease if you go for one. But the idea is nice, gently working in the direction of realism.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.