Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: strange...?  (Read 2551 times)

karlden

• Former member
strange...?
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »
How can JetGreen International Airlines in MT5, already after 19days in service have 53aircrafts in order?
How is that possible?

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: strange...?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »
By having generous friends who are willing to give me their cash, that's how.

It has been decided that it is against the rules, and it has been programmed that in the future this cannot happen.

In fact, I would have been fined/shut down if not for the fact that I am going for leasing ops. Although I may still restart anyway, leasing ops are a headache...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
By having generous friends who are willing to give me their cash, that's how.

It has been decided that it is against the rules, and it has been programmed that in the future this cannot happen.

In fact, I would have been fined/shut down if not for the fact that I am going for leasing ops. Although I may still restart anyway, leasing ops are a headache...

Mate, getting your alliance members to fund your new airline under the pretence that you are having a leasing company is the biggest laugh I have had today. You are flying routes from FRA where I and other members there had to do with the start-up capital to make it as far as we have. And your explanation that you are just securing slots for the birds is beyond belief. Unless your alliance members help you with Billions there is no chance in hell you will be able to convert them from leased to purchased aircrafts.

Dan

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
Mate, getting your alliance members to fund your new airline under the pretence that you are having a leasing company is the biggest laugh I have had today. You are flying routes from FRA where I and other members there had to do with the start-up capital to make it as far as we have. And your explanation that you are just securing slots for the birds is beyond belief. Unless your alliance members help you with Billions there is no chance in hell you will be able to convert them from leased to purchased aircrafts.

Dan
Actually, my plan was to use the income from each plane to pay for the next:

for example, if I sell plane X, then I buy plane Y using the cash I got from the sale of plane X.

This would only require enough capital to purchase ONE plane, which is very easy to do...

Regardless, leasing ops are practically impossible, as I discovered, and I hope that sami will change it in the future to accommodate the idea...

Regardless, it would have been against the rules to start as a full fledged airline anyway, which is why I decided to try leasing ops in the first place.

I don't enjoy getting banned/shut down/fined...
Editor of AeroBlogger

karlden

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
I didnt even know it was possible in the game to give away money to someone. And I think this will ruin the whole game..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »
I didnt even know it was possible in the game to give away money to someone.

You cannot give away money.

All you can do is buy/sell aircraft.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 12:19:21 PM »
Why there's always a thread and a discussion when somebody or an alliance plays the game more intensive/better than others? I feel like in a communist country where the biggest goal of all people is to keep an absolutely low level life standard for everybody.

Regardless everybody has no skill and enthusiams as long it's the same for everybody...

And I wait for the day it's forbidden to create a new route because some people who aren't clever enough how to figure out how this is done report it to Administration.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »
And I wait for the day it's forbidden to create a new route because some people who aren't clever enough how to figure out how this is done report it to Administration.

Thanks to this (http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,31706.msg164385.html#msg164385), your scenario will never happen :P
Editor of AeroBlogger

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:18 PM »
Due to the fact 90% of the newbies don't read forum and 90% of the 10% who read forum don't read FAQs and Guides and due to the fact this also affects 50% of older players (...) my scenario is more realistic than connected pax, my airline #2 on an airport or EA/WL not whining about our strategies.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »
Due to the fact 90% of the newbies don't read forum and 90% of the 10% who read forum don't read FAQs and Guides and due to the fact this also affects 50% of older players (...) my scenario is more realistic than connected pax, my airline #2 on an airport or EA/WL not whining about our strategies.

I suppose this is true... Really unfortunate in my opinion.
Editor of AeroBlogger

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
Why there's always a thread and a discussion when somebody or an alliance plays the game more intensive/better than others

Hey seriously, cut this act and double-nature already. The guys, from same alliance as you, used a direct loophole to transfer several hundred millions to an airline established 2 game days ago by buying/selling planes between each others in the right order. That is by no means acceptable and you are trying to say it's just "more intensive / better".

And still someone wonders why alliances get more restrictions. A look in the mirror will be in order there because most of the "borderline" behaviour happens in alliances (and not the first time we've had these borderline (& way beyond borderline) issues with members from SkyConnect). And since it has been previously shown that kind words or written rules are not always enough I will then have to start building technical restrictions, that again take my time from other more important things.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:37:16 PM by sami »

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:40 PM »
Hey seriously, cut this act and double-nature already. The guys, from same alliance as you, used a direct loophole to transfer several hundred millions to an airline established 2 game days ago by buying/selling planes between each others in the right order. That is by no means acceptable and you are trying to say it's just "more intensive / better".

And still someone wonders why alliances get more restrictions. A look in the mirror will be in order there because most of the "borderline" behaviour happens in alliances and since it has been previously shown that kind words or written rules are not always enough. I will then have to start building technical restrictions, that again take my time from other more important things.
Sami, I would like express my wish on removal of alliance score. The reason is simple, because some of players treating the game as "win or nothing war", trying to destroy other alliance by whatever means. We can see Worldlink has been targeted by Elite Alliance causing massive Bankruptcy for WL players. And now Elite Alliance is targeting on us. We can see a lot of "allied attack" case such as LAX, target on Air Republique by open base in his airports in short time. I would not believe these behaviour isn't coordinated.

I think if you remove the score, alliance competition will go into a more healthy direction, like its own alliance culture, guidance etc. I do feel the experienced players would like to help other new players more by recruiting them into alliance.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
Sami, I would like express my wish on removal of alliance score. The reason is simple, because some of players treating the game as "win or nothing war", trying to destroy other alliance by whatever means. We can see Worldlink has been targeted by Elite Alliance causing massive Bankruptcy for WL players. And now Elite Alliance is targeting on us. We can see a lot of "allied attack" case such as LAX, target on Air Republique by open base in his airports in short time. I would not believe these behaviour isn't coordinated.

I think if you remove the score, alliance competition will go into a more healthy direction, like its own alliance culture, guidance etc. I do feel the experienced players would like to help other new players more by recruiting them into alliance.

+1 - I'd prefer if alliance score was replaced with alliance stats. Let people come up with their own calculation of alliance score. People should be able to "win" in their own way, rather than being slave to a number that is spit out by the system.
Editor of AeroBlogger

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
How about this:

If SkyConnect wins we keep the alliance score.  If SkyConnect loses, we scrap the alliance score, and declare SkyConnect the winner "in their own way".

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
That sounds just fine to me. I'm sure that many airlines in my alliance would be happy to declare bankruptcy, dissolve the alliance, or leave the alliance if it means that we can get rid of the curse of the game that is called alliance score...

Of course, I'd rather have the alliance score scrapped whether we win or lose, but if it is so important to you guys that you must "win" the game, then I'm happy to hand it to you.
Editor of AeroBlogger

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
How about this:

If SkyConnect wins we keep the alliance score.  If SkyConnect loses, we scrap the alliance score, and declare SkyConnect the winner "in their own way".
You are absolutely the "win or nothing" player  ;)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Sami, I would like express my wish on removal of alliance score.

+1

The alliance score was useful for the alliance challenge game but since then it has served little purpose. A high score doesn't necessarily mean a good alliance. It may also encourage some alliances/players to exploit loopholes or use underhand tactics to push up their alliance score. Scrapping it may well take this motivation away.

And winning by cheating isn't winning at all  :P

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
That sounds just fine to me. I'm sure that many airlines in my alliance would be happy to declare bankruptcy, dissolve the alliance, or leave the alliance if it means that we can get rid of the curse of the game that is called alliance score...

SkyConnect players are the only ones talking about the alliance score.  Perhaps this "Curse" is only in your own mind...

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »
+1

The alliance score was useful for the alliance challenge game but since then it has served little purpose. A high score doesn't necessarily mean a good alliance. It may also encourage some alliances/players to exploit loopholes or use underhand tactics to push up their alliance score. Scrapping it may well take this motivation away.

Apparently it is only Elite which doesn't support this idea ::)

So much for "only SkyConnect is in favor of this" ::)
Editor of AeroBlogger

• Members
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
...That is by no means acceptable and you are trying to say it's just "more intensive / better".

.... (and not the first time we've had these borderline (& way beyond borderline) issues with members from SkyConnect). ...

The answer is very easy. If one invests more time into a game he will find more bugs/strategies/ways to work things out.

That's not limited to AirwaySim.

Some people - including several threads by me - told you what Alliance Score makes and why it's a very inappropriate rating system. Your last word on this:
The score was implemented like it is now and it will stay.

Our reaction? Find ways to keep the score high.

We don't sit together and search new ways to betray you, to cheat or to use bugs. We have some very good players in the alliance and every now and then things are noticed by playing or while thinking over AWS and they are tested and spread out via Skype or forum - at the end it's the only advantage an alliance in AirwaySim has, "community".

All the technical restrictions are against sympomts. But what is needed and what would stop investing endless time for that is to correct the sources.

Many threads how this could be done were made in the Feature Request forum.

The biggest ones are dynamic airports/pax growth and connected pax as well as reduced profit.

Why people used auto-reloader for the used market? Because people are lazy. I don't know a single person who has done this because it was the only chance to be successful - that's bulls*** and the people who used such tools are very successful without them, too.
But instead of cancelling all the s*** aircraft on the used market nobody wants to use and increase the amount of good aircraft that are available there was a technical restriction and "calls". Not a bad system, but it doesn't solve the problem and it caused lots of coding time I think.

SkyConnect players are the only ones talking about the alliance score.  Perhaps this "Curse" is only in your own mind...

I have no problems with posting large PM and Skype logs here. The ones that proven Herman used auto-reload were also sent to you, so I think you know how thin the ice is you are on.
Not to talk about the panic that was caused when I said I go to Atlanta in MT5 and SAC and others from Elite made sure they secure their members.
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,31557.0.html I explained here in a very idiotic secure posting why the current system sucks, why it would be better to skip it or at least renew it.

As long as there are ways that bring an advantage people will use them. In real world, in other games and in AirwaySim.

PS: This thread shows again how much this whole alliance thing sucks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:11:20 PM by Curse »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.