Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Game coming?  (Read 1426 times)

jimmy714

• Former member
New Game coming?
« on: October 16, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »
Is there a new game coming?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: New Game coming?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:42:30 AM »
Typically a new game starts when an old one winds down.  DOTM #2 is five game years away from finishing, so I would expect a new DOTM game when that's done or almost done.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 03:39:45 AM »
What about an Air Travel Boom? Haven't seen one of those in awhile. Is it too similar to something else we've been doing? ???

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:09:45 AM »
ATB was played in the same time frame of the current MT so it is being played currently, just with a different name.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »
ATB was played in the same time frame of the current MT so it is being played currently, just with a different name.

Thought it was more 1990-2010? i.e. leaving out the futuristic part.  ???  My memory might not serve me well here anyway.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
My first game ever was ATB and ran well through the 2020s

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »
ATB started in the 1990s rather than the early 2000s and ran to between 2015 and 2020 period if my memory serves me correctly. Personally this is much my favourite timeframe, the used market is fresh and interesting with older aircraft models (tristars, ect) and progresses on to the ultra modern stuff. Plus the growth in demand is fun to deal with. I'd like another ATB but with a bit less than 600 players like MT  ;)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:33 AM »
ATB started in the 1990s rather than the early 2000s and ran to between 2015 and 2020 period if my memory serves me correctly. Personally this is much my favourite timeframe, the used market is fresh and interesting with older aircraft models (tristars, ect) and progresses on to the ultra modern stuff. Plus the growth in demand is fun to deal with. I'd like another ATB but with a bit less than 600 players like MT  ;)
I'm with you 100%!!! :)

StarshipUK

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:23:01 AM »
Its a shame you cant reserve a place to join the game (in a queue type system) if someone goes bankrupt. I would like to play this, but every time I look it says the game world is full, so I can't join  >:(

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:21 AM »
Its a shame you cant reserve a place to join the game (in a queue type system) if someone goes bankrupt. I would like to play this, but every time I look it says the game world is full, so I can't join  >:(

That's a great idea.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »
Make this a feature request...

It's a good idea.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
I was thinking that since Europe-America Challenge is about to wrap it up (fun game too), an ACTUAL ATB (Yes, really call it Air Travel Boom!) game might be great to resurrect since we already have MT5 and put a cap on it at 300-350 players. It makes no sense to me to get into DOTM at this point either as it will be gone in 30 real days at this writing. So just having another game the on the board that has a distinct history to it would be great to bring back. Just adjust the time frame a bit, keep the number of players down, but make it worldwide and voila! New game! I'd love to see that happen!;)

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 07:35:05 AM »
Hopefully a new one comes along when Beginner 15 ends in a month or so. I'd like to start off in a fresh new world for my first real game.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »
Hopefully a new one comes along when Beginner 15 ends in a month or so. I'd like to start off in a fresh new world for my first real game.
Here! Here! Good for you! I hope one comes along too and the one I've suggested isn't very difficult. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.