Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Staff allocation on the new income statement + P/L per base  (Read 466 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Staff allocation on the new income statement + P/L per base
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:49:46 AM »
Regarding the new breakdown of income statement per base, one piece of infor is still missing (or improperly allocated).

When opening a new base, there is about 17% staff increase (down from about 35% in v1.2) when new base is opened, no aircraft is transfered, no aircraft is assigned.  Right now, this staff is allocated to HQ base, which, I don't think is correct.  It should be either in another category (were all the other common charges go), or even better, it should be assigned to the new base, so that players are able to see the true cost of the base.

The true cost of the base has been invisible until now.  The new, enhanced income statement creates an opportunity to correct this inaccuracy.

Additional request would be Total Revenue and Total Expenses per base.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Staff allocation on the new income statement + P/L per base
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:57:28 AM »
Additional request would be Total Revenue and Total Expenses per base.

This. It'd finally show if a base is an actual money maker or just a wash-out.

EDIT: Disregard, pretty easy to run the numbers as is.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:52:00 AM by ArcherII »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Staff allocation on the new income statement + P/L per base
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
I didn't want to start a new topic on this as I know it exists somewhere and this is the best I could find.

IMO staff salaries needs to be spread across all 7 days instead of just Tuesday.  The reason being that GAAP accounting means you should assign costs to the appropriate timeframe, but also the current week's income statement is largely useless until the week is nearly complete.  Since we have a separate cashflow statement, the payment can still come out on Tuesday, but due to the nature of the game (4 hour weeks, 6 weeks/day) it is nearly impossible to tell if you are profitable or not after just a few game days with the current structure.  Additionally, the tax calculation is nearly useless because if you are -$40 million due to staff salaries it will say you get a big refund and then by the end of the week you end up owing.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.