Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots cost more than planes!  (Read 786 times)

ramsterdambo

• Former member
Slots cost more than planes!
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »
I know they're in short supply, but why does scheduling one route have to cost almost as much as the down payment on a new Viscount?!

To clarify, they cost about $80k each where I'm based at the moment. I'm pretty sure you could buy several different kinds of used planes back then for that money. Judging by purchasing power per dollar in this game, I think it's slightly odd that a slot costs 20.000 times as much as an average ticket. I'm pretty sure that's not the case in the other game worlds. For instance, in DOTM I have Alicante completely dominated, and slots still only cost about $105k, in the early 1990s! That works out as less than 1000 average tickets.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:39:24 PM by ramsterdambo »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slots cost more than planes!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »
DOTM is v.1.2 and slot cost factor is different in v.1.3. (slot numbers too)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
This is for a good reason.  The more you own, the more expensive it gets each time.

ramsterdambo

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
This is for a good reason.  The more you own, the more expensive it gets each time.

I'm aware of this, but I was the biggest airline at my airport in the new Modern Times as well for a while before I bankrupted out, and slot costs never rose much above $140k. The prices in Jet Age in 1960 dollars just seemed exorbitant.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
Mhm. I paid in DotM #2 for Haneda slots really fast up to $2.2 Million for a week.

I like the high slot cots, in fact I would prefer to increase them even more, because there are still lots of people hogging slots with weird small aircraft...

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
This is one of the reasons I stopped playing. Became too realistic and confusing. Its still a good game tho..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.