Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Cesma - An AWS AAR  (Read 2299 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Cesma - An AWS AAR
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 11:35:02 PM »
Just wait, someone will get bored and quit.  You just have to be there.

This is the problem with starting at a major major hub in a JA game.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 11:53:50 PM »
I'm not at a really major hub though. There are just 2 airlines using most of the slots. I have 440, my competitor has 279, the third airline that probably won't stay has 14, various other airlines flying into Paris have 183, and there's 15 unused. I hope my competitor doesn't quit yet, it'd remove some of the challenge. Other than LHR & Hong Kong, the really big hubs are all below 75% capacity, and places like Madrid, JFK, Gatwick, Dubai, Osaka are all below 50%.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 01:23:51 AM »
I've missed 2 more payments, and the finish date has indeed changed. Hopefully that means the issue's been fixed.

The 2nd group of missed payments added 1 week each to the end of the loan. The 3rd group of missed payments has not. I'm about to miss one more, current end date for loan is 21 Feb 1964.

With the airport being full, I decided it was time to switch to leasing the largest planes I could find. Couple that with the new one being delivered, and I went from 2 fleet groups to 6 overnight. Commonality costs are significantly higher, and the available slots also doubled overnight. If I knew slots would double, I'd have leased another 10 35-50 seaters. Doesn't matter, we're still profitable. We're now also flying a mini-a380.  ;D

It's cheaper to terminate a lease with 6 months remaining on a c46, and get a different one from the used market, than it is to actually pay for the c-check on a 10 year old plane.

Online dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 02:57:45 AM »
So when do we get an update?  I feel like I missed out on something today.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:00:33 AM by dmoose42 »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »
When I type a proper one. ;)

I purchased and leased out my DC6 & Breguet, so I'm down to 4 fleets. Ordering the new Bristol Britannia was a mistake with hindsight, and it's too expensive to buy out the lease at the moment. Still a ding-dong battle between the two big airlines in Paris, we're both top 5 in the gameworld for staff numbers, fleet size, number of slots purchased. We're hurting each other's profit margins, both running at just over 50% LF.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »
My competitor & I now have:

The two biggest staffs in the gameworld.

Both bottom 10 for company value (slots are expensive.  :()

The two biggest fleets.

I'm drinking the most fuel in the game, with Convair CVs & Lockheed Constellations.

The two biggest slot totals.

Horrible LFs

I've got a bankruptcy warning thanks to spending $3.5 million in navigation fees this week, on top of $1 million+ each of the last two weeks. Dunno if my competitor has one too.

Orly is the 4th busiest airport in the world for departures. It's one of just 7 airports above 65% full, the other 6 average less than 6 slots/hour each, Orly is over 90% full with 18 slots/hour.

I think we're both fundamentally healthy, though we'd both be a lot healthier if we didn't have such an aggressively expanding competitor.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Things are rolling along nicely. Slots remain extremely expensive, Orly remains extremely full. Now up to nearly 80 planes, and not too far away from new planes starting to arrive. I seem to be pulling ahead of my competitor, and he doesn't have much ability to expand, as there are almost no slots available.

Interesting screenie is attached, and is a consequence of how AWS only does flights day by day. I switched this route from one plane with an 80/0 config to another with a 75/4 config, because I needed the 300 nm extra range for a new route. As you can see from the screenie, the outgoing flight was with one plane, the return flight was an entirely different plane.

I'm fairly sure I've seen this work for b-checks, too, if the flight is long enough. You can have a plane leave b-check at your home base, and start a flight home from 5000 nm away an hour later. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.