Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: F100  (Read 989 times)

Daffers

• Former member
F100
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »
I see that not a lot of people use the Fokker100, but with it's 100 passengers and it being a medium aircraft it's pretty cheap to fly.
compared to a 737-500 for instance. B735 has 120pax but is a large aircraft, also less fuel efficient, F100 has 105pax and is medium and more fuel efficient. There must be something wrong with the aircraft though since no one is flying it.
What am i missing here ?
tnx for any advice since i am looking for a good plane to start out with.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: F100
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »
it is out of production, and the ones that are available are getting old...  There are some new E-Jets that are more desirable at this time...

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: F100
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
I love the F100, but as JumboShrimp says, not really in Modern Times.  In DOTM I currently have a fleet of around 140 of them and they're doing great. 

The main downside I can see compared to the 737-500 is that the F100 is as big as you can go within the same fleet type, which could be a bit limiting unless you plan carefully (the 717 suffers from the same problem).  Also, the F70 isn't all that great so you're really limited to a very small, niche family for commonality purposes.  The Boeings and small Airbuses all cover a much wider size range within the same fleet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.