Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I don't know why it is oversupply!  (Read 529 times)

ksliu9

• Former member
I don't know why it is oversupply!
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/ZSWX/ZSPD/

I have 198X3 days + 92X4 days, on average =  137.4 / day supply, while the demand is 80 / day.  Obviously it is well below 80X2 / day which is defined by the rule.

But I still received the oversupply warning notification! Is it something wrong?  Please help!  Thanks!

Joseph

vitongwangki

• Former member
Re: I don't know why it is oversupply!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:01:21 AM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/X/ZSWX/ZSPD/

I have 198X3 days + 92X4 days, on average =  137.4 / day supply, while the demand is 80 / day.  Obviously it is well below 80X2 / day which is defined by the rule.

But I still received the oversupply warning notification! Is it something wrong?  Please help!  Thanks!

Joseph
The oversupply warning is issued depends on daily supply, so the 198X3 days are oversupplied.

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:02:47 AM »
In the menu, it says:
"In practise this means that if estimated passenger demand on a route is 100pax per day (weekly average) the airline may not fly more than 200pax per day on that route segment. ".

As the calculation for the pax demand is on the weekly average basis, I suppose the pax supply is also on the weekly average basis.

I hope Sami can clarify this point, thanks!

Joseph

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »
The manual's correct, you're just misinterpreting it slightly. If the weekly average is 100 pax per day, that means you can't fly more than 200 pax on ANY day. you're taking it to mean you can't average more than 200 pax. For your airline, the weekly demand is 80, that means you can't fly more than 160 pax on a single day. The weekly average only matters for demand, not supply.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.