Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet commonality or best demand match  (Read 1698 times)

MrDarthLord

• Former member
Fleet commonality or best demand match
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:13:34 PM »
Hi there folks,

I'm here for some kind of advice.
ATM, I'm on a full ATR Fleet with 11 leased aircraft and growing. Soon, I will have maxed out all my 50+ pax routes and I want to serve 30 pax routes (I probably have around 10 of those, + some routes that would need some more seats for completion).

The question is : should I get smaller props ? (like EMB 120, or even smaller planes and do several times the routes), or should I serve these routes with my ATR 42 to keep the fleet commonality ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Fleet commonality or best demand match
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:33 PM »
The penalty for a 2nd fleet is extremely small.  So I wouldn't worry a bit about adding a smaller plane to serve those 30-seat routes.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
ATR 42-320 with premium economy seat  :P

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
The penalty for a 2nd fleet is extremely small.  So I wouldn't worry a bit about adding a smaller plane to serve those 30-seat routes.
I have to agree with Sigma. Those premium economy seats just aren't worth it. I have had a few different aircraft types at a time, when I got bigger and it didn't hurt me a bit. If I lost any money, you couldn't tell. ;)

MrDarthLord

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:07 PM »
Thanks for the hints guys.

I have to add another type of aircraft anyway a my 15 ATRs now can't reach longer routes (or smaller capacities). So I'll probably go for a mix of 30 seaters and 50 seaters jets to cover the trafic.

I wish I could get bigger planes, big I have a very low long-haul demand on my base.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.