Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: how do you guys start off with large fleets  (Read 1553 times)

Offline pbodyslim

• Members
how do you guys start off with large fleets
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
how do you guys start of with such large fleets when you are given lil money to start with, and they charge you for everything at the beging

Offline Dasha

• Members
Re: how do you guys start off with large fleets
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »
everybody starts with the same money. It's about the choices you make what to do with it that makes a difference.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline ChrisMayhew

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
I always seem to have a problem when I start out, I never know what the right choices in plane and destinations are.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
I always seem to have a problem when I start out, I never know what the right choices in plane and destinations are.
During the start of the game you should have no competition, but still the LF will be low (red/yellow) in first several weeks. Low LF is because low CI/RI. This first several weeks aren't able to make real money for future expansion. Be patient for a month, if your choice of aircraft, scheduling, destinations are all "correct" (because in AWS there are no true correctness); you should make real money :) (profit margin upto 10-20%) Then you can do your expansion, lease another plane and so on.

Offline ChrisMayhew

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »
During the start of the game you should have no competition, but still the LF will be low (red/yellow) in first several weeks. Low LF is because low CI/RI. This first several weeks aren't able to make real money for future expansion. Be patient for a month, if your choice of aircraft, scheduling, destinations are all "correct" (because in AWS there are no true correctness); you should make real money :) (profit margin upto 10-20%) Then you can do your expansion, lease another plane and so on.

Thanks, I am getting closer to making profit but this is before any leases kick in. Currently have 2 short range planes (900 to 1200) which good fuel eco, load factors are slowly rising.

Guess it's trial and error until I get it right.. lol

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
Hi,

It has already been explained, but when you start, think about the future of your airline and choose a fleet type according to your plans. Then start flying to 1 destination at first, as much as possible in a day. 4 or 5 times is very good, and you will make really good money with this recipe  8)

Then do the same with your second, third,... aircraft...

good luck

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Unless you somehow manage to find a base in a large city that hasnt' already been completely overrun that's pretty difficult though.

greensalad

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
Hi,

It has already been explained, but when you start, think about the future of your airline and choose a fleet type according to your plans. Then start flying to 1 destination at first, as much as possible in a day. 4 or 5 times is very good, and you will make really good money with this recipe  8)

Then do the same with your second, third,... aircraft...

good luck

really?  i always fly many destinations as possible for one aircraft...  may be thats why i could not make any money.. lol

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 03:41:21 PM »

really?  i always fly many destinations as possible for one aircraft...  may be thats why i could not make any money.. lol
Your Route image will rise slowly so your LF will improve slowly.

Offline ChrisMayhew

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
Your Route image will rise slowly so your LF will improve slowly.

I might have to try this method, At the moment I am so close to breaking even each week flying to different places.

Offline eleritz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »

this is a big no-no here in AWS. the general rule is to fly as few destinations as possible with the biggest number of flights possible. opening a new route to a new destination costs money (you need to hire staff at that destination) so when you open a route you should make it profitable by flying it as often as possible (at least every day of the week).

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
Hi,

Correct me if i am wrong but flying to 2 destinations will cost your more in marketing than flying to only one ;)

Offline eleritz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »
as far as i know, how much you spend on marketing depends entirely on you, not on the number of destinations. you may opt to spend zero;)

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:59 AM »
as far as i know, how much you spend on marketing depends entirely on you, not on the number of destinations. you may opt to spend zero;)

Sort of.

Which campaigns you start is up to you. But a given campaign will increase in cost as you fly to more airports, and it will take more $ per week to increase your CI as you airline expands.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.