» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: B787-3  (Read 566 times)

Offline Dutch

• Members
B787-3
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:05:57 AM »
Hi there fellow MTers!
Was just looking around for a possible (long term) 757 replacement and all i found was the 787-3, which in default configuration can fly almost the same amount of PAX (7 less than a 753) at a range of 3210nm.

As i looked a little further with an other config, it could carry 260 pax, which seems to be the only advantage, when compared to the 753.
Has anyone got some good thoughts on the 783? I guess it's price doesn't seem to be worth abilities of the plane.

Rgds,

Dutchglider

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: B787-3
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »
Too heavy, too pricey, too big, no range. Keep those 753 if able, as long as they're in production you can still order them. Andthere is no true replacement for it either.

flightsimer

• Former member
Re: B787-3
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »
The 787-3 was canceled for a reason... That reason was because the -8 was more fuel efficient on routes over 250-300nm. Why its still in the game i dont know.

All the -3 was, was a -8 slightly strengthened for more hops and the winglets replaced the raked wingtips to fit into small Asian Gates. It had all the same systems but was reduced, capability wise, on paper to cheapen the operating costs compared to a -8.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.