Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Once daily routes worth it?  (Read 531 times)

jordanD

• Former member
Once daily routes worth it?
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:27:55 AM »
Is there any conceivable way to make a profit running once daily routes to cities? It seems like with the way the game is modeled, there's no way you'd make money paying full time employees in that city to work ONE flight a day. Has anyone else had success with it?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Once daily routes worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:40 AM »
Well, "once daily" is pretty vague.

Yes, if it's once per day and it's only 100 people and it's so far your plane can only be used for that one flight, sure, you won't make any money.

But if it's once per day and it's 350 people and your plane can be used to make 2 or 3 flights you'll make lots of money.

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:56:26 AM »
Once daily means just that, you only have one flight that leaves from your hub to that city every day.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »
Once daily means just that, you only have one flight that leaves from your hub to that city every day.

Yes, I know what you mean, but as I said, the exact situation makes a huge difference in whether it's "worth it" to fly them or not.

If you've got to fly 3000 miles out with an A310 to pick up 150 people, then, no, it's not.  You'll spend way too much money flying way out there and operating that plane on just that single route to ever hope to make any money.

If you've got to fly 500 miles out to pick up 300 people with a A300 and you can do that 4 more times throughout the day at 4 other cities, each of which you fly to once, then, yes, it'll be worth it.  It'll be worth a ton of money.

If you've got to fly that same 500 miles out but you're operating routes of only 50 people and you use, say, an F28 and you do that to 100 different destinations with a fleet of 25 planes then it may or may not be worth it depending on what you're trying to do with your CI.  With that many destinations, if you keep your CI low you can absolutely make a ton of cash that way.  But if you want a CI of 80 you'll spend WAY too much for the marketing costs for operating that many routes that the route won't yield enough to cover the increased CI marketing costs you get as a result of flying it.

And a whole lot of other variations.

So the answer of whether it's "worth it" to fly a route once per day is "it depends".
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:52:33 AM by Sigma »

jordanD

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:26 AM »
I see what you mean.

"But if it's once per day and it's 350 people and your plane can be used to make 2 or 3 flights you'll make lots of money."

I misinterpreted that part!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.