Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Minimizing Cancellations/Delays?  (Read 487 times)

Offline JonnyAngel

• Members
Minimizing Cancellations/Delays?
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
I'm sure there must be another thread on this but, can anyone share any tips on how they're minimizing their cancellations.

My aircraft are all in fairly good shape, for the most part my routes have turn times (both at destination and at base) that keeps risk of delay/cancellation under 1%, and I'm fully staffed. And its August (game time). Yet I still see, what look's like above average cancellations and delays.

Any tips, pointers on this. I'd really like to improve my numbers but at the moment, I'm at a loss for what else to do...

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Minimizing Cancellations/Delays?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »
I'm sure there must be another thread on this but, can anyone share any tips on how they're minimizing their cancellations.

My aircraft are all in fairly good shape, for the most part my routes have turn times (both at destination and at base) that keeps risk of delay/cancellation under 1%, and I'm fully staffed. And its August (game time). Yet I still see, what look's like above average cancellations and delays.

Any tips, pointers on this. I'd really like to improve my numbers but at the moment, I'm at a loss for what else to do...

If you have most of the turnarounds (home and away) near 1%, then you are doing all that can be done on the scheduling end.

Check out the detail delays and cancellations.  If a large percentage is due to technical difficulties, you may need to look at the condition of your aircraft, if there are some in poor shape (below 85%).  If so, I would repair them (unless a C/D check is right around the corner).

Beyond that, there is nothing you can do.  The 1% is a little misleading - if you schdule for 1% and expect 1% delays that is.  The actual will be more than that.  But it is not on the list of priorities for Sami to re-examine it.

As is, there is a good correlation between scheduled turnaround expected delays and actual.  That is, if you schedule for 1%, the actual may not be exactly 1%, but it will be way better than if you schedule for 10%.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.