Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to deal with competition?  (Read 771 times)

• Former member
How to deal with competition?
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
I am not sure what to do on some routes.

I supply 20% of the route's demands. But there is twice the supply for the demand, so therefore I offer 10% of the supply to the route.
I have a route image of 100, a company image of 75. and my flights are only 50% full. That is pretty much an exact ration between general supply and demand for that route.
I have tried lowering my price by 10% and it didn't really help. I put it back to default, and nothing has changed either.
Should I just close some routes, to increase my LF%, and everyone else? And find other places to fly? It is really getting harder to find places where there is not twice the supply for the demand of a route.

The specific route I am referring to is Chicago Philadelphia.

Offline The Great Santini

• Members
    • My Banner
Re: How to deal with competition?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »
I have restructured some of my routes from B737 to ATR72's.  Increased load factors and less operating expense. My main competitor is running B737's everywhere.  It's not good business sense to use B737's on routes less than 500 miles in my opinion.  It's one thing to grab market share, it's another to maintain load factors and profitability.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.