Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aero Puerto Rico is in great financial state now, but...  (Read 1032 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
Aero Puerto Rico is in great financial state now, but...
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:51:47 AM »
I keep getting the warning that its not. Could some one check that out or does it just take time. I have over $20,000,000 cash, no loans. Able to borrow 36,000,000. just checking.

Yullover

• Former member
Re: Aero Puerto Rico is in great financial state now, but...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 03:13:31 AM »
Simple, you have 8 different type of plane in your fleet... check your fleet comm

and you have like 5 plane that are alone in our fleet type... so is not looking good ... get thoses plane out of your fleet fast... having a fleet type with only one plane is killing you !!!

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:56:30 AM »
Second largest airline in the game (my competitor SSV) is about to have 9 fleet types, ones with just less than 5 planes in them. It doesn't seem to make a huge difference in this scenario. This scenario setting is uber easy and really forgiving. But that actually adds a new aspect to it and makes it harder to compete with people who didn't spend more time and money to run a more efficient airline. It's like a reverse-psychology scenario.
No replacement for displacement

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »
Simple, you have 8 different type of plane in your fleet... check your fleet comm

and you have like 5 plane that are alone in our fleet type... so is not looking good ... get thoses plane out of your fleet fast... having a fleet type with only one plane is killing you !!!
The carribean is funny and you almost HAVE to have what I'm operating. You cannot operate a 737-300 into an island that has demand for only 80 people. Jamaica and St Maarten are about the only to islands that need that kind of capacity. No I don't think it makes a huge difference in this scenario  and if you're going to hop around the Carribean you best be ready with the correct aircraft for the job, regardless of make. I do see one change I need to make on the mainland, other than that I think its going to be alright. The Carribean is a whole other ball of wax if you're really going to cover it. Also see comment above this one.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:46:40 AM »
For the Caribbean, order Q400's for island hopping and 737NG for the mainland. You just covered half of available airports with two types  ;D
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:52:46 AM »
Thanks for the input, need those widebodies for JFK and such though. Largest market after Florida.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »
For the Caribbean, order Q400's for island hopping and 737NG for the mainland. You just covered half of available airports with two types  ;D
Game isn't over yet either, I'm sorta waiting around for 737-900 to show up. Plus I have Spain to consider which I am now serving. I'm doing now that I got rid of the 747/SR and that helped tremendously so I think otherwise I'll be fine, plus don't want to terminate leases early (well too early) either. The 747/SR seemed like a good idea at the time because of the sheer volume of demand on the route. But I can't be operating all 737's to JFK. Not from SJU. Nor to Florida in several cases. I do see your point, but once again, the Carribean has its own rules and I have been very successful before doing what I'm doing now exept for the stupid 747/SR move. ;)
P.S. I'll look at the terms for lease termination for doing Q-400's as long as there is a good size supply and then I have to consider Central America which I'm serving very well with 737-500's.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 02:40:38 AM »
In the North America Challenge, I served almost 100 destinations from SJU with E120's and A319/A320 equipment. Remember, frequency wins so you can, indeed, serve MCO, MIA, FLL, TPA, and JFK with 737's, you just have to fly the route 20 times a day. That is admittedly a bit more difficult with the new minimum departure intervals, but it is doable. Then you can add (or continue flying, in this case) 767's to serve Europe and still keep your fleet at 3 types and your costs at a minimum. Now, I used 32X, but there were several destinations I could not reach with them, such as PDX, SEA, and YVR, that is why I would recommend 737 NG's as your final narrow body fleet type for SJU.

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.