Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Surviving a challenge  (Read 1158 times)

Par Avion

• Former member
Surviving a challenge
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »
Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky = Best base ever! Somebody please move in there and give the incumbent (RED Airways) a challenge. He's so bored there by himself that he has decided to join me in Pittsburgh with his second base. He has a pretty crappy fleet, so that's good. Unfortunately, I have an even crappier fleet (until my 10 next gen 737s come in early 1999).

If you're not willing to come and steal some of his CVG load factors, any advice on how to survive when a bigger competitor comes into your base and you're still a couple years away from having a competitive fleet?

Offline hans905

• Members
Re: Surviving a challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »
Hi, I'm the CEO of RED Airways ;D

Still a relative newbie myself (then again, I have been playing for over a year now), so may the best airline win. As for advice, the game is rather fast-paced, so things move quickly and I'm not always in a position to monitor my airline several times a day.

Not sure about the crappy fleet to be honest, MD-80s and F50s have served me well in earlier games and it looks like they're working out okay here too.

But Cinicnnati really is a worthless base  ;)

Shleds

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »
I am grabbing some popcorn, and I shall monitor this thread further for some airline drama.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
I am grabbing some popcorn, and I shall monitor this thread further for some airline drama.

I am going to grab a 6 pack  and my 3D glasses ,  ;D 

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
its about to come...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:13 PM »
perhaps he will also base in Cleveland and Baltimore and he will have the entire AFC North covered.

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
well i just moved in as well :)

Offline hans905

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
Quick update to this 'drama':

Somebody indeed joined me in Cincinnati and they're mainly flying EMB-120s to Chicago O'Hare... once every 45 minutes... including at night... I wonder how long that will last. Then again, my main competitor in DotM2 is also using that tactic, but he's got other types in his fleet as well.

Par Avion

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
Hello Hans,

Indeed, there are now three of us. I was worried that your entry would immediately BK me, but I'm still profitable. And sorry to criticize your fleet, it's very effective if not exactly cutting edge. Mine is neither that effective nor cutting edge, but I'm phasing it out.

Anyway, best of luck to you in Cincinnati, and worst of luck to you in Pittsburgh!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.