Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Independent Country of Soviet Union  (Read 3515 times)

larscr

• Former member
New Independent Country of Soviet Union
« on: September 03, 2011, 12:21:56 PM »
Hello,

I am the general Manager of Ukrainian Air Express, we founded the Airline at the day of the Ukrainian independence. However, at Kiev still operate an other Airline with Headquarter at the capital of Soviet Union, Moscow. How it is possible, that after our independence the soviet Airliner based in Moscow can maintain its base at the independent Ukraine? They maintain base in two differently countrys?

Regards,

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: New Independent Country of Soviet Union
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »
If the base is started during Soviet period the airline can keep it after the breakup still. Would otherwise be too complicated.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
I've been waiting for that, so my base would actually be more useful. Now for Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan to do the same...

larscr

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
Ok so the game is no realistc because Aeroflot is now the russian airliner, but not the airliner of Ukraine, Uzbekistan etc…

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
Sure. So what? It's also not realistic because IRL, airlines can fly from more than 4 bases, and for various other reasons too. It'd also be equally unrealsitic (and far more annoying from a gameplay perspective) to force bases to close as soon as a country declares independence. I bet Aeroflot didn't stop flying Kiev-Odessa on the day Ukraine declared independence.

The way it works is actually reasonably realistic, anyway. Both the Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan flag carriers were formed by splitting off part of Aeroflot. I'm just doing the same thing for Ukraine, too. We're currently negotiating in-game to establish a Ukrainian flag carrier using Flying Romanov planes. ;) I deliberately picked 3 bases outside Russia, rather than bigger airports like Domodedovo & St Petersburg, because I wanted to have subsidiaries in these new countries.

larscr

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »
So I hope you will pay taxes to soviet union and Ukraine...  ;D don´t forget that aeroflot at soviet republic of Ukraine was not operated from Moscow -the airline was operated from an independet section at each soviet republic and after the fall down it was separeted to absolutley independet airlines.  And so Aeroflot stop to operate the national flights... aeroflot only was allowed to operate some international connections and only from sheremetevo... So, it is absolutely no realistic this game :'( :'(

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
So at the fall of the Union you would rather want to lose all your aircraft based outside of the mainland, and have them broken into separate companies that you have no longer any control of? Sorry, no.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
So at the fall of the Union you would rather want to lose all your aircraft based outside of the mainland, and have them broken into separate companies that you have no longer any control of? Sorry, no.

If you really want to make it realistic, private airlines shouldn't be able to operate there in the first place...

larscr

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
and use only soviet aircraft!! :o the game continues to be not realistic! LOL

larscr

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
sorry Sami, yes this should happen and the aircraft based outside of soviet union have to return to the homeland... this happend in soviet union. there is no airline operated at ukraine, uzbekistan and russia at the same time...

Offline yevgeniy

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:46 AM »
Here is the thing, if you want to be that realistic, then the Soviet Union can only have 1 airline until 1991. That does not sound fun.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 05:34:42 AM »
Here is the thing, if you want to be that realistic, then the Soviet Union can only have 1 airline until 1991. That does not sound fun.

And you can't fly anywhere outside the Iron Curtain.   That also sounds like tons of fun.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think that Shermetyevo is the only airport in the soviet union that allows you to fly an international route before 1991. Every other airport has 100% domestic demand. Good thing that still gives you 130+ destinations, the other Soviet airline in DOTM is based in Domodedovo & St Petersburg, and has grown nicely in its 2 and a bit years of operation.

larscr

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »
Only few destinations like Sotchi and Odessa, and Leningrad where allowed to fly some international flights, normaly on charter. What I don´t like is the poor demand on routes like Moscow -Havana, Moscow -Berlin SXF and all eastern countrys, the demand was very high until 1989...

"
And you can't fly anywhere outside the Iron Curtain."

Aeroflot operated all the time flights outside of the iron curtain... USA for example: JFK and Seatle South America to Peru and a lot of European, Asian and African destinations....

Offline Kurchavy

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »
Actually at 1985 SVO airport served flights to 97 countries. ;D
BTW the passenger demand data at the soviet airports is not very realistic. For example when i was a child (1980s) i travelled from Moscow to my grandparents lived in Kotlas town (KZS airport) once or twice every year. And i remember that An-24 aircraft which flied from Moscow to Kotlas twice a day was always full. In game the demand is about 20 pax per day...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.